IGNORED

Ferrari 250 replica based on a 260Z wants $ 100,000

Interesting to see opinions from the east and west US coast , one mentioning that the price tag is optimistic and one that isn't . Lots of good pictures and a very nice video on this RECREATION on a high dollar Italian Stallion . The description mentions that it has an automatic tranny and the pictures shows a manual, wonder what else this vendor has miss on the Ebay post.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was a faux gated shifter. The ad states it has a 700R4, and in the pics the shifter is shown in what would be the third gear gate. I would guess that the shifter moves back and forth in the 3rd and 4th gear gates as it shifts from Park to Drive. I don't see the park lock solenoid release button anywhere, though.

Interesting to see opinions from the east and west US coast , one mentioning that the price tag is optimistic and one that isn't .

I think the seller also thinks the asking price may be optimistic. There are two choices in the auction - "Buy It Now" for 100K or "Make An Offer". I'm reasonably sure the seller doesn't expect the "Make An Offer" choice to be higher than $100,000.

Dennis

Is this not simply the glue-on/bolt-on fibreglass body panel kit that someone used to sell years ago? I think it was called 'Alpha GTO'? This car looks very much like that kit (i.e good, but just not quite right, so a little bit cartoon-ish).