IGNORED

Old pictures of your first Z

Diseazd

• 1 month later...

This is my first Z.  She is Redwing, a 1971 purchased new, HLS 30 11904.  This first photo is celebrating her first 100,000 miles.  Sorry, there is not more of her to see, this is the only old photo I could find.  I was christening her with wine.

The second photo is a 200,000 mile photo.  I drove her 259,000 miles total.  She is now in the hands of Tim, who is doing a full restore on her.

PicsArt_1439399970359.jpg

Attachment.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/13/2014 at 5:05 PM, hr369 said:

Cheap afro wig and cheap leisure suit

and anyone can reproduce that picture

you lost so many years ago

100_5697.jpg

100_5704.jpg

Man that's AWESOME!

Here I was about to post, I lost my pics of my '76 280Z that I purchased in 1986.  I am a Brooklyn-born Italian, and live by the Jersey Shore, I was rockin the big hair and Z. Cavs way before The Situation was even BORN!!!

I definitely need a wig to recreate those pics! :)

On 9/22/2016 at 9:37 PM, Captain Obvious said:

Me and my first Z. Picture of a picture of a time long gone:
P1100370_zpsckcwqhtd.jpg

I should show this to my kids to prove that despite what they think, I really was cool at one time  :geek: 

Nice!  I also like the silver Jag XJS in the background, I have one of those too!!  What is this, around 1986?

I have a pic somewhere of me and my 1976 green 280Z from high school.  Since the car was about 8-9 years old, it was still relatively hot...loved that car!!!

Yup. That's from either 1985 or 86. I had just started working a real job out of college and for the first time in my life had enough money to buy food AND a car. That Z is why I have my current one. Rest it's soul... It died at the hands of a tractor trailer on the interstate in 1988. I was OK, but the Z didn't make it.

The Jag in the background was owned by the guy a couple houses down. He also had a Lotus Esprit, and a Ferrari 308. Both were engine fire salvage wrecks and put them back together.

14 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

Yup. That's from either 1985 or 86. I had just started working a real job out of college and for the first time in my life had enough money to buy food AND a car. That Z is why I have my current one. Rest it's soul... It died at the hands of a tractor trailer on the interstate in 1988. I was OK, but the Z didn't make it.

The Jag in the background was owned by the guy a couple houses down. He also had a Lotus Esprit, and a Ferrari 308. Both were engine fire salvage wrecks and put them back together.

I took my '76 to college with me.  It bit the dust commuting home from school one wet / snowy afternoon - I slid into a curb (in Newark NJ no less) HARD.  It basically snapped the frame rail on the right front, so the wheel was more or less just hanging by the suspension bits.  That was the end of her.  Probably around 1989 or so... :(