IGNORED

NEWS: Nissan’s IDx Freeflow is the Datsun 510 reborn

Mike

Japanese Nostalgic Car Has Just Posted the Following:

11-19-2013 07:48 PM

At the Tokyo Motor Show today, Nissan revealed the IDx Freeflow Concept, a car inspired by the legendary Datsun 510. It’s a love letter to the hard core Datsun devotee, or even newfound fans born decades after the original ceased … <a href="http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/2013/11/19/news-the-datsun-510-is-reborn/">Continue reading <span class="meta-nav">→</span></a>

post-4-14150826649265_thumb.jpg

Click here to view more.

Now that I have had some time to look closer, It reminds me of this one, along with some skyline agressiveness:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]67997[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]67998[/ATTACH]

Yeah I got that a bit by looking at the gold one. Couldn't find any official references from Nissan saying it was inspired by the 510, though I really didn't look too hard. I was hoping the new concept would be inspired by the CSP311 in some way.

Looking at the IDx freeflow and the IDx Nismo, (apart from the BRE style livery). I cant really see anything 510 about it.

Will be interesting to see if/how it transitions into a production version.

Edited by Mr Camouflage

That Nissan, in the current climate of what drives a modern car company, actually took the time and energy to produce something that is so clearly linked to a long gone (though dearly loved) model and heritage, is both shocking and inspring to me.

What caught me completely off guard is the fact that they chose to do it by using the essence of the 510, and not the Z. Speaks clearly to the market they are trying to attack with this car, and the market they will continue to pander to with whatever the next Z becomes.

No way any of this is going to please any of the classic Z die hards around here, or on the 510 forums either. Some of the early reactions on the 510realm are utterly predicatable. This doesn't matter a lick to Nissan, we are not the market they are targeting with this car.