IGNORED

The sudden death of my closest friend Enrique Scanlon (EScanlon)

beandip

Although I didnt know him personally, I enjoyed readings the comments Enrique gave on this forum. Enrique was the gentle current that flowed through some of the turbulent threads that past by my computer screen.

The link is post 46 says it all.

He will be missed. My sincere regards to his family and friends

I guess it was two Canbys ago, he grabbed me by the arm and took me over to show me the chrome mesh insert he'd put into that ersatz hood scoop on his roadster. The man was so proud of that subtle little tweak. That was a man that really enjoyed his cars....

Great guy, believed in the "pay it forward" concept by sending people parts they needed, sometimes without charging them postage or anything. I am the recipient of such kind actions by E. Sympathies to the family, he will be sorely missed.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I remember seeing him around a lot. My condolences to all of you that knew him personally, or simply had a connection through this wonderful site. We lost Mike of Sunrise Z (Glendale, CA) in 2010 and that was hard for me, the shop, and all his customers. I have another Z "guru" that is battling cancer, and it's not looking too great right now. We can only carry the torch when our fellow Z friends have to go. I owe a lot to all the folks that helped me with my cars, and make me feel part of an actual community.

• 5 weeks later...

I haven't been on Classic Z Cars in some time. I sold my '72 240Z a few years back to work on my '66 E-Type, and I subsequently purchased a Ferrari 308. Having owned various Z cars over the years, this site has always been near and dear to my heart.

I returned today to see "what's going on", and I am saddened that the first thread I've seen is about Enrique. Reading through the condolences and tributes brings back some memories of all of you - although we may not have been close, this forum has been a model of friendliness and assistance. Enrique was no exception - I still remember him as a leader here, helpful and respectful.

RIP "E" - you will be missed. My thoughts and prayers are with his friends and family, and to all of you on Classic Z Cars.

• 2 years later...

A sad day indeed. Even though it was almost 3 years ago it brought me to tears. I haven't been on this site for a while but I was planning another trip to the Northwest and was trying to contact Enrique to plan a visit with him.  Now that won't happen for some time. I could kick myself in the arse for not thinking about seeing him back a few years ago when I was up there. RIP Enrique.

Bill

Edited by billcapp