IGNORED

New engine

Diseazd

I'll be looking forward to a thread about the new engine. My mechanic has F1 experience and likes fast-reving engines, he suggested something like this. Of course it will have to wait til I have a big project to work on, no money now. It's a little over my head but I won't be doing any real work - no place to do it.

Also I'm running a Y70 on my 240 - so Oz's build thread was also a big help. I'll start a thread asking about cams etc (got stock C211 cam, nice flat torque line but quits about 5000 rpm, dunno what others are using) for the Y70 after I think about it some more.

I was playing with the engine calculator and it looked like the chamber size had to be pretty small to get the CR up. What size chambers are you running.

I looked at 40cc chambers and it put me over 10CR. Now a lightened flywheel, triples and a large cam might really make a rev machine.

Congrats on making this work. There's a lot of emphasis on bigger is better, but sometimes it's not about that at all.

I just received my new .040 over ITM pistons......they're beautiful.....look like factory Nissan. If you need replacement pistons for your Z's or 510's, use these pistons. Let's keep a good supplier of pistons for our cars.

Guy,

Where did you buy your ITM pistons?

I put flat top ITM pistons in my street L28 and I got them from Black Dragon. I think they were $240 for the set with rings. They carried std and oversize at the time. I assume they still do.

Spruell Racing in Atlanta can probably get 'em also Jonathan.....they're in Atlanta......great folks to work with ......I buy my Panasports there....$150.00 cheaper than anywhere else. The ITM's are nice....aren't they Jeff?

My ITM pistons were great, but I should have thrown the rings away. I'm guessing it was a Black Dragon cheapness rather than an ITM problem, but the rings weren't individually packaged by piston like every other ring set I have ever bought. They were literally all together in one bag with no instructions as to groove positions or top/bottom orientation. They also didn't match any bevel/notch design I have ever seen, so it was anything but obvious. I took my best guess at it and threw them in. I'm convinced better rings would have increased my performance. At the time, I was in a hurry and I didn't have time to order a new ring set. That was about 10 years ago.

I have not heard of any such problems lately with the Black Dragon piston/ring sets, so I think they got their act together.