IGNORED

ZCON 2010 July 28th-Aug 1st Nashville,TN

300twinz

I posted some pictures on the ZCCA Face Book site. Look at them in reverse order. The drift car driver misjudged the distance to the curb of the lot and straddled it - don't know if they had to clean the passenger seat. We are excited about the show on Saturday with so many great looking cars here and great people also!

I got home Sunday night, 13 hours each way. The car ran flawlessly, averaged 24.89mpg over the entire trip with the new carbs, 4 speed, up to 77mph, exhaust sounds great.

The whole week was great. It was fun meeting new people, putting a face to a computer handle, knowing a particular car, and CARS everywhere. Plenty of ideas came home with me.

Thanks to the Crew for getting more Factory tours, that was impressive and unforgetable. Thanks again.

Bonzi Lon

Great pictures Gus !!!! Will try to make it to Savannah !!!!!

You better start making plans John, South Florida has to represent

Lonnie it was great meeting you and your Z, and fun touring Nashville even if it was a lot of country music LOL

And huge thanks to Carl and Jim for making Matsuo a reality at the convention it was awesome getting to meet him and hear his anecdotes of when he was designing the 240Z

Hi Gus:

First I have to say what started out as Jim and I - turned into a larger group of contributors and volunteers pretty quickly. Dan Banks, Chris Karl, Jeff Madder, Kelly Warczyglowa were all very generous. It really would not have gone as smoothly without the aid/assistance of Eiji Hosomi, Yoichi Matsumoto, and Shin Yoshikawa.

If anyone missed meeting Mr. Matsuo - you really missed a treat. Great spirit and great sense of humor. He had many of us laughing for hours and he stayed with us until well after midnight every night. Like most designers I've met, he draws really great pictures of everything under discussion, usually on whatever bar napkins were present !

I thought his remarks at the Closing Banquet were especially interesting and entertaining. Certainly no stage fright there and he seemed very comfortable in front of such a large crowd. Of course if you have Eiji Hosomi standing guard next to you - you have to feel pretty secure ;-)

One person remarked that he was like the Energizer Bunny - he just kept going and going. At 75 he has the energy of someone 40. As we were walking around downtown Nashville for several hours before our Dinner at the Wild Horse Saloon Thursday night - in 100 degree F heat I was wore out... After a couple hours and several miles or wondering around sight seeing and shopping; we came to the Bridgestone Arena at the base of a rather long uphill stretch - at the top was the old Union Station. One of his friends in Japan told him it was worth seeing... I told Jim I'd never make it up there alive... So Jim and Mr. Matsuo shuffled right on up there alone... I went to the closest bar for some thirst quenchers... and A/C.

I believe that Mr. Matsuo a wonderful time, and was very impressed by the obvious respect and affection shown to him by everyone at the Convention. He looked closely at every first generation Z there - and especially enjoyed meeting the owners at their Z's. He was more than willing to autograph glove box lids, sun-visors and indeed the cars themselves.

Thanks to everyone for making his visit such a pleasant experience.

Carl B.

I have been to a number of Z car conventions in the last 15 years, I have to say the the staff with the help of Nissan USA did a wonderful, thankless job.

There are so many staff members that really made a difference, all of them keyed on the idea to make this an inviting and fun environment for all. I feel that they succeeded.

I know that with any fluid situation there are always things that could or should have been done differently, however, the over all flow of events and planning was well done and a lot of credit needs to go to those who tirelessly planned executed and managed this event.

I would like to thank Nissan USA for their involvement, without which we would not have been able to attend.

I also want to thank the convention staff, Chris W, Chris K, Dan and Todd and many others.

It was an awesome convention, and an awesome first convention for me. I enjoyed meeting some of the folks I've known here for years. I probably passed some of you not knowing who you were, sorry. I think I accomplished everything I had hoped to this past week. It was great finally meeting you guys, Ron and Carl. We should have had out handles on our badges. Maybe next time.

...to meet all of you guys. I was trying to juggle family events and Z events and something had to give. It was nice to put names and faces together and especially fun exchanging war stories with Carl.

This was the first show I have ever entered in with a car and I am glad to have made this one. Though the heat sucked some of the fun out of this, the show must go on I guess. Now the car is done(never done really), I can't wait to make some more shows. I might get a little more serious about the A/C going in my car, but you know, I really enjoyed the old sports car feel with the arm out the window at 80mph, maybe I won't even use the a/c when I get it in;)

Got to say thanks to the staff that put this show on in the blistering heat.