IGNORED

**Wrecked**

austex

I do indeed know your pain and concern about what to do next.

Here are a few important things to do/know:

1) get complete control of the vehicle (either in your hands or some shop that you trust)

2) DO NOT AGREE TO ANYTHING THAT THE INSURANCE COMPANY OFFERS FOR SEVERAL WEEKS!! They will try very hard to screw you and in most cases the first person who contacts you gets a bonus for doing so. Be prepared to go over this person's head and be ready to complain to your State's insurance commission office, etc. Keep records of every conversation.

3) Get copies of the police report.

4) call at least two local junk-yards and get a quote on the scrap value of a totaled Z (use the average value - likely to be under $200.)

5) once the insurance company has seen your car remove everything that is aftermarket or hard to replace (an extreme measure should they take it away)

6) if they total your Z offer to buy it back (see number 4)

7) get copies of sale prices for Zs in similar condition as yours (Blue Book, AutoTrader, club classifieds) to show them what a replacement vehicle would cost you if they try and total your car

PM or email me if you need anything other advice.

Bummer.....

post-7328-14150809502368_thumb.jpg

post-7328-14150809503286_thumb.jpg

Edited by gnosez

Hey guys, thanks so much for all the responses and sympathy. I really appreciate it.

I have it at a collision shop near my house, but I'm wondering if I should bring it home. Would that be in my best interest, or would it slow down the process?

Terrible. My sympathies for sure.

From what I can see, she can be fixed. The parts you need are available, you may have to hunt for a bumper a bit.

I would take the car home and then let YOUR insurance company do the fighting for you. I hope you have a collector's car policy with a company such as Hagerty. If you have "agreed value" coverage it should be relatively easy.

Good luck!

It seems that the Z can be repaired and I hope you will. I suggest starting by putting it on a frame machine at the repair shop and making sure you are working with a straight car. The throddle sticking could be from a bent frame or firewall.

Bob M

Keep the car! AT ALL COSTS! I have a parts car which I believe the drivers side support structure and Radiator is good. If you want it(Support structure...), then Merry Christmas! (attempt at creating good Z-karma:laugh:) It will be expensive though -Beer and BBQ. The car is in Humble, Tx. The body shop that did my paint is located 30 feet next door - Deerbrook Collision.

PM me for details.

Edited by ZCurves

Well, the adjuster has already taken a look at it and said it'll have to be totaled. He said he has to send paperwork to the totaling office, etc etc. And that I should hear back within 48 hours. There's a Z in nice shape nearby for $3500 that I hope I'll be able to get (while still keeping my Z). So I'm hoping against hope that the total offer and the buy-back cost leaves me with about $3000...

In any case, I'll be keeping it. Put too much sweat, money, and blood into it to just let it go.

I have been their the blue car to the left is now scrap the insurance company told me it was the money or the car nothing in between. It wasn't even parted.

Give Hagerty a call on the value they actually called me about 3 months a go to tell me my cars value has gone up by about 20% and ended up raising me value on my car with them.

Really sorry for the loss. I know it'd kill me after all the time spent refreshing mine to have it wrecked.

Don't know if your state laws are the same, but if they total it and you buy it back, you will probably get a salvage title. Makes it difficult if not impossible to sell in the future.

Might have to force negotiate for settlement less than the "Totalled" allowance to avoid salvage title.

Edited by mlc240z

Well, the adjuster has already taken a look at it and said it'll have to be totaled. He said he has to send paperwork to the totaling office, etc etc. And that I should hear back within 48 hours. There's a Z in nice shape nearby for $3500 that I hope I'll be able to get (while still keeping my Z). So I'm hoping against hope that the total offer and the buy-back cost leaves me with about $3000...

In any case, I'll be keeping it. Put too much sweat, money, and blood into it to just let it go.

Man, I am really sorry to hear about this.

Despite what he or she may want you to believe, the insurance adjuster does not necessarily have the final say in this matter. Especially this early on. So don't let him or her bully you!

Shoot me a P/M if you'd like to discuss this further.

You need to learn to say large numbers with a straight face. When he says $1500 you say "oh no, $15,000 and not a penny less. If you can't authorize that get someone who can and don't call me back until you do."

Insurance adjusters are paid to settle. Quickly and low. My advice is don't. The longer you make him wait the better it will turn out for you.