IGNORED

Sportmax 002 15x8 or Konig Rewind 16x7?

Ahut2000

• 3 years later...

HAHA, I am looking to pick up some graphite rewinds and sell my panasports. I like the gunmetal color. So I was trolling for pics, and had to laugh out loud at the panasport weight quoted. Did not even look at the age. I need something to do when the other engineers start rambling. HAHA, we do love to hear ourselves talk.

No way the panasports are 10 lbs for 15x7. They are not heavy, but you are talking forged weights at that point. I have not put them on the scales, but I have picked them up. Definitely did not feel like 10 lbs.

I know this thread is ancient, but to shed some light on the weight question, Panasport makes their standard street wheels as well as ultra light race-only wheels. I don't know the 15x7 race wheel weight, but they are much lighter than their street wheel. 10 lbs isn't out of the question. Someone told me once that the 1st gen Miata R wheels were close to 10 lbs.

I know this thread is ancient, but to shed some light on the weight question, Panasport makes their standard street wheels as well as ultra light race-only wheels. I don't know the 15x7 race wheel weight, but they are much lighter than their street wheel. 10 lbs isn't out of the question. Someone told me once that the 1st gen Miata R wheels were close to 10 lbs.

Here is the most comprehensive wheel weight listing I have found.

http://www.wheelweights.net/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm looking for a new set of wheels for 1980 280ZX. Stock are the spoke magnesium type flaking very badly. Not sure of wheel width. Any ideas?

Tire size is 195/70/R14.

Want a No modification solution with sticky tires. Street use only, but I like to drive somewhat hard at times.

I'm looking for a new set of wheels for 1980 280ZX. Stock are the spoke magnesium type flaking very badly. Not sure of wheel width. Any ideas?

Tire size is 195/70/R14.

Want a No modification solution with sticky tires. Street use only, but I like to drive somewhat hard at times.

Google is your friend.;) (*Hint* Look for the link that leads you back to this board.)

Of course, keep in mind that you'll be challenged to find any wheels that look decent in a stock size, except for some good used wheels. It's a challenge to find 15 inch wheels with the 4.5" 4 lug pattern & zero offset.

Edited by SteveJ