IGNORED

240Z in movies

carguyinok

I hope this isn't too off topic but this is my favorite z movie, sorry not on the big screen but I love youtube.

Sorry if you guys have seen this before but I just saw it for the first time this morning. That thing is nuts.

(Corrections):

-The film "Boogie Nights" features a red 280ZX. Not a 240Z. sorry!

-The Z in "Back To The Future" parked outside the aeroybics gym is an orange 240Z.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

-There are a clutch of red 240Z's however in some Chinese Jackie Chan movie, where the Z's are the bad guys' rides.

-In the Woodie Allen film "Annie Hall" the title character drives a gold 280Z.

-There are actually 4 Z Cars that I am aware of from the Transformers:

Prowl 280ZX

Bluestreak 280ZX

Smokescreen 280ZX racer

and a Protectobot (can't remember his name) 300ZX (Z31) police car

-In Knight Rider 2000 K.I.T. is converted from a Trans-Am to a 300ZX.

...............just kidding.

• 2 months later...

"Invasion of the body snatchers" (1978? version) - Donald Sutherland and his love interest are driving downtown early in the film, talking about Erwin Rummell (?) - They pass a Z on the left side of the street. I went back and zoomed - pretty blurry and the kids gave me greif, so I dropped it. Couldn't tell which year.

Just caught part of what I believe was an insurance commercial - see how much attention I pay to TV ads - in it is what appears to be a red or reddish-orange 260/280Z that has been stripped. No doors. Car is in a back lot with what looks like a For Sale sign on the windshield. I think one guy was showing the other guy the car. He says something like "They didn't get the stereo." Seems to make him happy. Funny, I had just flashed on thinking of Z's in commercials and this one comes up. It shows the car for such a short period I hope they run it again so I can check it out better and find out what the commercial actually is. The car looked like a 2+2 from the little I saw of it. Gary D.

It wasn't a movie, but on the History Chanel, Modern Marvels, "Cemeterys", the portion explaining headstones and how just about anything could be put on a stone. The narrator asks, "Care for a Datsun 280Z on your headstone?" Then the camera shows a 280Z carved in profile on the stone.

Bonzi Lon

It wasn't a movie, but on the History Chanel, Modern Marvels, "Cemeterys", the portion explaining headstones and how just about anything could be put on a stone. The narrator asks, "Care for a Datsun 280Z on your headstone?" Then the camera shows a 280Z carved in profile on the stone.

Bonzi Lon

Now thats funny LOL.... I think :nervous:

Just caught part of what I believe was an insurance commercial - see how much attention I pay to TV ads - in it is what appears to be a red or reddish-orange 260/280Z that has been stripped. No doors. Car is in a back lot with what looks like a For Sale sign on the windshield. I think one guy was showing the other guy the car. He says something like "They didn't get the stereo." Seems to make him happy. Funny, I had just flashed on thinking of Z's in commercials and this one comes up. It shows the car for such a short period I hope they run it again so I can check it out better and find out what the commercial actually is. The car looked like a 2+2 from the little I saw of it. Gary D.

YEP, it's an insurance commercial and a 2+2. Jus check the

bumpers nex time to see if it is a 260Z or 280Z :)

~Z~