IGNORED

Where/how do you store your Z parts?

hls30.com

How/Where do you store your Z parts? select all that apply!  

585 members have voted

1. 1. How/Where do you store your Z parts? select all that apply!

• Garage
    • Attic/loft
    • Crawl Space
    • in a storage shed
    • In a parts car
    • In a pile in the yard under a tarp
    • At the the property my house is on
    • At a friends property
    • Rented Storage place
    • At present owners Storage (waiting on the right Z!)
    • in bags
    • In cardboard boxes
    • in plastic containers
    • Listed to make finding parts easy
    • Aw Hell, half the fun is finding what I know is/was there!

I don't really know what is going to be "spare" until I finish the cars, Will !?!!!

In the late summer of 2003, I rented a 16'x25' "U-Store-it" bay right around the corner from my body shop and moved in. I built storage shelving from some scrap shelving racks I salvaged from a demolished industrial building and new plywood from Homo Depot. (They even had the correct orange spray paint for touch-up) I built the work bench from 2x4s and Corian I salvaged from a remodeled kitchen project and I used some of the cabinets as well. Lighting came out of a dumpster in Naples. (My father is a dumpster diver - oh the shame of it). This became the new home of TRICKY garage - world renown home of famous racing hardware and service for celebrity automobiles. TRICKY also hosts a famous art collection of rare Datsun memorabilia and broken racing parts. As a matter of pride, all parts are carefully labeled and hermetically encapsulted in the shipping containers one often collects from frequent eBay deals.

With the aquisition of her graciousness The Princess 27th in the summer we Floridians call Charlie, new space was required. Fortunately, a Samsclubian monarch presented a gift of a hurricane proof tent captured in the northern provinces of China which was promptly erected on a foundation bed of crushed shell in a secret location so as to thwart grave robbing vandals. The Princess arrived with the remains of various body shells on the royal sled of Manny's and was rolled into place by the enthusiastic crowd gathered to see the delivery. (After a long explanantion, the homeowners association letter was retracted)

Currently, Her Majesty's engine sits on display at Carboy Randy's shop, the body shell is taking spa at Beautiful Bodies, and the rest of her is at TRICKY. A collection of rare cardboard glove boxes, glass, and butterscotch colored nauga hides occupies an obscure chamber of the original archives, however most of Her Majesty's collection of historical photographs, books and documentation has moved to higher ground and now shares space with the home offices of The Florida Z Association. The aquisition of the remains of 403rd has caused some concern for additional space and a rearrangement plan is underway.

Frankly, with all the time, money and energy spent on storing parts, it's a wonder any restoration work gets done!

post-4148-14150797090725_thumb.jpg

post-4148-14150797090913_thumb.jpg

post-4148-14150797091084_thumb.jpg

"I don't really know what is going to be "spare" until I finish the cars,"

"Frankly, with all the time, money and energy spent on storing parts, it's a wonder any restoration work gets done!"

I resemble both of those remarks!

"My father is a dumpster diver"

I am jealous of your available resources-in addition to the hot Naked Japanses twins you have at your leisure! "Taking spa", is that what they are calling it now... Seems the Garage is not the only thing that's Tricky!

WIll

Currently, the stuff I have left over from the redo is in boxes in the garage. However, during the redo (started in 2000) my bedroom looked like a well stocked Z car goodie store! Actually made a path wide enough to get to the bed. Made for some interesting night visits to the can....ouch!

Wherever I can! I stash stuff away in lots of places in the garage - wherever there is room. Plenty of boxes and stuff in the bedroom too ... and the computer room... mother hates it but I've got no where else to put it !

• 2 weeks later...

I'll tell ya why basement isn't an option. Will is one of our southern red neck buddies and us from the south aren't used to basements. OTOH, I'm getting quite used to basements now and yes I have Z parts in Basement too.

I do like the "I don't know what parts are spare parts until I get finished", seems to be quite fitting.

Nate