IGNORED

Headlight Upgrade Harness's For Sale (again!)

Zs-ondabrain

Dave:

Not to worry bud.

While I appreciate your concern, I am NOT going crazy with Hellas and ghetto blasters or anything. I know you have a lot of experience with the wiring on this car and I really appreciate all your help.

I just would like to add a few small things like lights that do work with your wiring, and a Datsun or normal aftermarket radio and cassette ( I still have the cassettes around ) to repalce the non working 5 Watt 8 track system in my car :P! I will likely run its own fused power separate.

As Carl correctly stated I am looking at the output at lower revs - Thanks Carl for this post and ALL of your informative posts on CZ!

While the ZX alt system would work , AND it may be in the car now as when I was looking at the older SUN system test it measured the alternator output as 65amp so we will see, I would prefer the straight away install of the Z Specialties.

As for the relays - yes I would appreciate your suggestions. I run all the extra power systems of my motorcycles through relays for a lot of reasons.

On my BMW R1200 it has the CANBUS one wire computer controlled system on all its circuits so oyu can tell I have to be specific and controlled when adding things.

Thanks.

Dave:

Well I BELIEVE the connectors are black.

The previous owner did a great job with this car except in about four places

1. The front light hook ups with the bumper and what I believe is a 280 air dam. I will likely change thse out for some lights

that are better looking and at least match the lenses.

Do you have any suggestions??

2. The overspray red into the front area as you can see. GRRRRR!

3. Cruddy aftermarket igntion.

3. He did not go ahead and take off these crappy flattop carbs and replace them with triple Mikunis for me ROFL!

Then what would I have to do????

The best I can tell they are black under the red. The car is manufactured in August 1973 and of course is a 1974 260.

post-18571-14150806015728_thumb.jpg

post-18571-14150806016388_thumb.jpg

post-18571-14150806016976_thumb.jpg

post-18571-14150806017565_thumb.jpg

post-18571-14150806018161_thumb.jpg

Edited by TexasRider260Z
spelling

What's that Brite stuff on the ground? It looks like sun but I haven't seen anything like that for months.....

Anyways.

Yup, that's a late 260Z early to late 280Z spoiler. You're supposed to have a 240Z spoiler and lower marker lights like mine. Easy fix would be to buy the correct spoiler and new or used (more likely) lower lights. Couple hundred for the spoiler and lights together.

Those ARE black connectors under the red paint. Read your PM after I'm done with this post.

SHow us some good pics of the triples, intake, throttle linkage and what ever else he sent with the car. You'll need the full set of triples, Cannon or similar intake manifold, Correct throttle linkage, your 260Z came with a electric and manual fuel pump (unless the PO messed with it, so you're good to go there. You'll need to make or set up a fuel delivery hose system and hopefully the triples came with the correct fittings (2 "T" fittings and a single fitting) or 3) "T"s. Lets see what you got before we go too specific.

Dave

post-4921-14150806019623_thumb.jpg

post-4921-14150806019873_thumb.jpg

Edited by Zs-ondabrain

• 1 month later...

Dave, I installed the uprade park lamp and headlamp harnesses today. They fit and worked great. Thumbs up from us on these wonderful products. It was great to meet you this weekend at Golden Gardens, hope to see you again soon.

• 4 months later...

I just spent 30 minutes installing my Headlight Harness I promptly received from Mr. Zs.

Even though its been said before, I want to say what an out standing product this was. To make something seamlessly integrate into a 37 year old car is nothing short of amazing. This product surpassed my expectations and I could easily see it lasting another 37 years. Every detail about this product shows the time and dedication of the maker. I have done electrical work on cars and its painfully obvious when something was rushed. I cannot even imagine how many hours these things take to make but again. Its a part you can be proud of.

THe instructions were complete, and self explanatory. The harness fit as described.

Results. I was only purchasing this harness as I wanted to install some H4 style bulbs. Not some 100 watt madness, just something to help me see a tad better at night. I have not installed my new headlights, but initial impressions are that the cars lights are significantly brighter. But thats only half the story. If that is all this harness did, I would be happy. But I can honestly say, that my interior lights are 3x brighter. I am floored. I can see them light up in the day time. Needless to say I am happy!

Great product, great results.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Every once in a while, people send me donor plugs that they found in a junk yard. If you send me donor plugs, I can make you a plug and play Headlight upgrade harness.

PM me or email me using my address below in the signature. $150 for the 280Z Plug and Play HLH.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dave. Zs Ondabrain. From NZ. Our cars down here are right hand drive as you are probably aware. I own a 72 240 and recently fitted H4 lights. Lights are good but the switch and wiring under the steering column is getting warm after 15-20 mins.

These great little cars are getting scarce here, and I don't want to lose it due to a wiring fire.:stupid:

I obviously need a relay upgrade. My question is, would your relay harness plug in the same for left and right hand drives? I would assume so,I can't see any reason Nissan would have made the wiring from in the engine bay, forward,any different. Also I have purchased parts in the past from MSA, with great service,Four days from US to NZ:D Would probably buy your harness from them, unless YOU would post to NZ.

Cheers, Brian.

Edited by olzed