IGNORED

Here is the "Headlight Relay Upgrade Harness Diagrams"

Zs-ondabrain

Okay Dave, will do.

I'd like to keep the passing light function if at all possible. What is "flipping the harness"?

Also wondering about the tail light/parking light harness. This car has two buttons on the center console for turning on low-watt bulbs in the housings. The "parking lights" buttons turn them on for one side, or the other .. or both I guess if one wanted.

Would this mess up the tail light relay harness?

I've sold about 10 Headlight upgrade harnesses to RHD owners. The install is the same in the engine bay but you'll need to mount the relay pack using a different OEM hole because there's no VR on the left side (Of which to use the mounting screws)

All of the RHD owners claimed success in their install but none of them said anything about a passing button.

As long as the harness is flipped, the input connector is plugged in on the left side (instead of the right) and the grounds are the same bolts, etc, etc, There shouldn't be an issue.

I'm 99.99% positive that the output at the headlight plugs (in front of the radiator) should act the same, even with a passing button or switch) So I say go ahead and purchase the harness and install it. And please let me know if there's an issue and how the install goes.

Dave

Edited by Kerrigan

To tell you the truth, I don't honestly know.

I'm guessing you have the 6-pin connector on your combo switch (Headlight/parking light switch) so if your connector has the Green/blue wire in the center pin location, then the PLH or Parking light upgrade harness should be fine and function like normal. It should boost the output of the combo switch just after the switch, so you should be fine.

Dave

I had fitted halogen lights, and was afraid of cooking the headlight switch, so

i fitted Daves plug and play LHD headlight relay harness on my RHD 240 4 years ago. In conjunction with Halogen headlight inserts, it is a major improvement to my car. I don't recall any issues between LHD and RHD fitment. Found a suitable screw hole to hold the relays on the bottom right inner fender. Instalation took perhaps 1 hour tops. I attached the relay positive wire to the terminal from the battery, at the starter motor.

'Flipping the harness.' Fitting from LHD to RHD.

Brian.

Edited by olzed

• 1 year later...

***UPDATE***

For those looking for pictures and diagrams on the Headlight Upgrade Harness (HLH) -OR- the Parking Light upgrade Harness (PLH) I have good and bad news

I've started making and selling the harnesses for the Headlights and parking lights shortly after I posted this thread just over 10 years ago.
They are readily available at Motorsport Auto in the link below, and NO, I do not make the fuse box's on that Technology page...
MSA Technology Upgrades Page

I stopped advertising on Classic Z Car Club because it went against the rules of selling the same items as one of the Site supporters. And the links to that were and always have been part of my Signature (below)

I won't be updating or adding pictures on how to build the upgrades as it is bad business practice to shoot myself in the foot by showing you how to build the product that I feed my family with. So with that being said, Please feel free to ask questions and support the supporters of this website. You can find more info on my products at ......
Datsun 240Z Upgrades

And please remember to donate when you can, spread the word on this great website and enjoy keeping the classics alive.

Dave

• Like 4

Hi Dave, Nice to see you on here again. My headlight and parking light harnesses are working perfectly. Thanks again for a great product. People should happily pay you for them and not try to get you to give them all your secrets.

Cheers, Mike

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pop's Z said:

Hi Dave, Nice to see you on here again. My headlight and parking light harnesses are working perfectly. Thanks again for a great product. People should happily pay you for them and not try to get you to give them all your secrets.

Cheers, Mike

I spoke to Dave today and totally agree....  I already have his side marker light upgrade and just purchased the headlight kit today.

Mike

• Mike featured this topic
On 3/3/2016 at 2:58 PM, Pop's Z said:

Cheers, Mike

Ditto! I bought them and am happy as well. I believe it was about 3 years that I installed them.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The links went broken during site upgrades quite a while ago. Dave Irwin recently requested they stay broken as he now wishes to protect that "intellectual property" after several of us requested the links be re established. 

You could contact him directly and see what he says. He has a private website where he sells his items.