IGNORED

Fall 2004 Sport Z Magazine Highlights

SportZMagazine

We complete our fourth year of publication with another great issue. For more details, including a sneak peak at the cover and the table of contents of our Fall 2004 issue, head over to www.sportzmagazine.com. Highlights include:

-SZM Exclusive: Steve Millen Interview (racing the Z32 to building up the 350Z)

-Three Hot Performance Mods for the 350Z (& G35)

-Immersed in Zness: 2004 Z Convention a Total Gas

-Motorsports: Pikes Peak’s Race to the Clouds, Mid-Ohio Champions

-Tech: Crank up the Power, getting the right amount of juice for your Z

-AnalyZed: 1984 300ZX Turbo

-Debate: 240Z vs. 350Z, do they truly compare?

-Dr. Richard Well’s bug-free 280ZX

-Centerfold: Fernando Austin’s 1975 280Z-T

-ZDayZ “Tale” of the Dragon

-240Z stars in reality TV show

Interested? To get this issue with your paid subscription, order by WEDNESDAY, August 18. You can also look for the magazine on newsstands in September at participating Barnes & Noble, Hastings, and Books-a-Million stores. Details and ordering info at www.sportzmagazine.com (or call circulation, 505-771-2374 or 505-867-4322). Enjoy!

Dave Bexfield

Editor, Sport Z Magazine

www.sportzmagazine.com

• 4 weeks later...

Already read mine cover to cover this afternoon while the hurricane went through. Loved the pictures from the convention and that; "I had so much fun I could just s**t" theme! Cool article about an electric water pump installation. Loved the pictures from the convention. Way to go C.David!!!

I received my copy about a week ago and loved the short article on the ZDaysZ "Tale of the Dragon Tour". Think we're going to participate next year. Convention article was good too. Not very many high scoring cars though. Sent in my renewal for another 2 years.

Vicky

Dave,

The one problem with the latest terrific issue is that: A newbie Z (S30)owner trying to follow the guidelines of the "Crank Up The Power" article, is never introduced to the needed parts for the chosen path of upgrading the current alternator, or upgrading to a GM part. The rest of the article is finely detailed, and approximate prices were given. But that will not cut it at the Nissan parts counter, Autozone, PepBoys, NOPI, Advance, or Rockauto. If the intent was to document with a "this is how it is done" article, try to do it with what is given at a typical(not an atypical) parts counter("If it ain't in the book, I cain't help ya-regardless of what the TV says"). With out a list of interchangeable part numbers or at least some direction, it can't be done.

I didn't even catch this one little oversight until I had a very frustrated new 240Z owner ask me about it after visiting all of the previously named parts houses, and even getting the quoted response-at the Nissan dealer.

One other note.

David Muramoto says: "Ajay Panchal's work has been criticized for copying other cars, most notably th Audi TT, but these comments ignore the fact that the 240Z was itself a derivative design."

Actually they don't. Most cars from the the first automobiles on have two headlights, 4 wheels, an engine, a transmission, a fair volume of glass, and at least four large panels that open-meaning I think you would be hard pressed to find a common car that was not derivative in design.

Only a few could pass as being from another manufacturer with nothing more than removing badges. Despite its derivative nature, a 240Z does not look too much like anything else but another S30. Find another common car that is not an S30 with the same side profile. We already have one with the same shadow as a 350Z, and we didn't even have to span the 35 years worth of models that fell short of the 240Z!

Will

Thanks Will for the comments. We certainly weren't purposely trying to frustrate newbie Z owners, but I can see your point. We'll try to be more careful and perhaps do a little more hand holding when articles warrant. BTW, our next issue is already coming together nicely with a lead story on the 35th anniversary of the Z.

Dave Bexfield

Editor, Sport Z Magazine

www.sportzmagazine.com

Thanks for a great magazine! As a devout S30 owner, I appreciate the coverage of all of the cars in the Z(X) series. I would love to read an article having a staunch and knowledgeable 240Z owner(no 350Z experience-only mild contempt) and an experienced-but personable 350Z owner(no prior 240Z experience, again, only mild contempt-or perhapse bemusement) trade cars-to be driven as daily drivers(in stock configuration)-for a month, and have them report on all of the differences from using the cars. I requested a personable 350Z owner because the 240Z owner is very used to being flagged down at redlights, parking lots, and drive through lines to talk about the car, and "the biggest mistake I ever made". I am not sure every 350Z owner who had never experienced that would have any idea how to handle it-especially when he doesn't really respect the car he has to talk about.

Will

P.S. Oh sure, call me to supper, and then make me wait. ROFL

• 1 month later...

Hello,zhead240,

On February I was refused to come in US from INS and had stayed in detention for 2 days. Then I went back to Japan and until can get VISA

I had stayed in Japan for 7 months. More than 7 months my 240Z had been

sleeping.

Anyway I still looking for the best vender for Z parts. I need swich for turn signal and high and low beam on left hand side of steering post.

Also I am looking for octopas header and mikuni solex 3.

Is there sombody can supply second hand also?

Arigatou.