IGNORED

MidwestZ??

GregP

Auww...come-on. That was a fun thread!

All I can do is shake my head and wonder what happened to Chloe. We were right in the middle of one of our deals and she disappeared!??!?!??! I don't think this chapter is over, though. Not at all. Hang in there.

Auww...come-on. That was a fun thread!

All I can do is shake my head and wonder what happened to Chloe. We were right in the middle of one of our deals and she disappeared

Same here. I had just emailed her with some info on tracking shipping to the UK, and she wanted some more info. I replied and then .... nothing....

Twilight zone....

Belated congrats for getting vin 27, Chris

Andrew

Here is the latest update: I just received a package from MiswestZ with the items that I had ordered. It appears that the Paypal investigation prompted them to send my items. There was nothing else with the package other than than what I ordered. No explanation, no bill of sale, etc. Return address on the box says MidwestZ 11700 E. Waterman #223 Wichita, KS 67207. Obviously MidwestZ is still operational. Paypal had given them until tommorrow to produce the items or refund the money. (Carl, thanks for the suggestion). What an awful way to do business, even if it's in transition. The people at this sight have show such concern and made such an effort to check on Chloe and MidwestZ with no response.

Glad that you got your parts Greg. Based on previous dealings with Chloe, I feel certain that there must be a valid reason for the delay in shipment. Legalities, illness, or something. Odd that there wasn't an invoice, or business card in the package as she was always careful to include those things. Maybe someone else sent your parts on her behalf?

I wish Chloe would get in touch with us & let us know she's OK.

I saw on the news last nite that there was a major fire in Wichita this week. A few businesses were a total loss. I realize that much of the mystery started way before the fire, however. My guess is that she's gone/going out of business. I know you can search the state of Florida to find out if a company is still active. I wonder if that's possible in her state.

Vicky

I know you can search the state of Florida to find out if a company is still active. I wonder if that's possible in her state.

I tried searching Kansas bankruptcy records but didn't find anything. My guess at this point is that things were not going well and the business (or just the parts stock) ended up getting sold to someone else who doesn't quite have their act together yet. If they did they would be here explaining everything. Instead there's simply a bare web page that says "new improved site coming soon". No one would shut down a working web page in order to redo it. You work on the new site offline and replace the old site only when the new one is ready.

My guess at this point is that things were not going well and the business (or just the parts stock) ended up getting sold to someone else who doesn't quite have their act together yet. .

If this is the case then what happens to stuff we have already paid for?. I know that Chloe had stuff there with my name on, that I have already paid for, just waiting to be shipped. I know I'm not the only one in this boat.

I know what the procedure would be in the UK but what about in the US?

Andrew

If this is the case then what happens to stuff we have already paid for?

A few posts up it looks like someone recently received a shipment. Perhaps if there is a new owner they're just now getting previous orders out. I hope that's the case.

If this is the case then what happens to stuff we have already paid for?. I know that Chloe had stuff there with my name on, that I have already paid for, just waiting to be shipped. I know I'm not the only one in this boat.

I know what the procedure would be in the UK but what about in the US?

Andrew

GregP received his parts after contacting PayPal in regards to the transaction he had paid for via PayPal.

If you paid via PayPal, contact them. If you paid via Visa or Mastercard, contact them.

I know you can search the state of Florida to find out if a company is still active. I wonder if that's possible in her state.

Vicky-

Yes, you can, at the Kansas Secretary of State, however, only 300 entities will show... after that, a subscription is needed... and finding MidwestZ after it shows "Mid-West" and "Mid West" and "Midwest" in the middle of the midwest is no where to be seen... :stupid:

Wayne