IGNORED

MidwestZ??

GregP

Hey guys, I don't know what's happening with Midwest Z. But, it would be nice to know some kind of status update. However, I don't believe it is the responsibility of our members to find these answers. I encourage those of you who are concerned to wait for answers rather than continuing to send emails or phone calls.

If there is a new owner, it will be a big job to take over and continue where Chloe left off. If this is the case, we will hear from them soon. If not, we won't hear anything and life will go on.

IMHO, I hope things are OK with this situation. I can only guess that something tragic happened to Chloe to stop so suddenly. She had a strong niche in the Z-community and all of us appreciate a good business like this.

-- Mike

Mike, I agree with your statements. However, I will add the following:

IMO, IF someone has taken over the business (for whatever reason, but especially if something tragic has occured), the new owner has NOT done themselves, or the loyal customer base (built up by Chloe through lots of hard work) any favors. It only takes a few seconds to post an announcement with some meaningfull explanation here OR on the MidwestZ website.

The "new website coming" notation on midwest.com really isn't satisfactory to me as a loyal customer of Chloe and MidwestZ.

JMO

I agree with Carl. It will take some "Selling" of their business if they want mine. I Got great referal from the folks here about Chloe and she lived up to that when I needed her help. These new people got some proving to do before I give up the ole green.

Mike, I don't think It is our responsibility to to find the answers either, but if they ain't tellliin' and I want to know, and the Enguirer doesn't think the story will improve circulation, that just leaves me to satisfy my curiosity about what happened to some one as likeable as Chloe. When something matters, people spend time and energy on it, when it doesen't, people talk more passionately about spending time and energy on it, but it still falls throught the cracks

Will

IMO, IF someone has taken over the business (for whatever reason, but especially if something tragic has occured), the new owner has NOT done themselves, or the loyal customer base (built up by Chloe through lots of hard work) any favors. It only takes a few seconds to post an announcement with some meaningfull explanation here OR on the MidwestZ website.

I agree with you. It would only take a second to introduce themselves. However, consider this. Perhaps the new owner does not know how to use a website like ours. And, perhaps they do not understand what it takes to run the business like Chloe did. Who knows.

Anyway, we have no idea if it has been sold or what has happened. So, all of this discussion is purely speculative. Hope nobody reading this thinks this is what happened. We are simply guessing at this point.

-- Mike

To speculate (as loyal customers) is all we are left with given the lack of response, and/ lack or explanation on the Midwest website. Surely whomever is running the auctions knows how to click on "reply" to email inquirys. (?)

Again, You are right, we DO NOT know what (if anything) has happened, But we (as customers) would like to know. All I can say is that to ignore inquiries, and expressions of concern is not like the Chloe I came to know and appreciate.

To speculate (as loyal customers) is all we are left with given the lack of response, and/ lack or explanation on the Midwest website. Surely whomever is running the auctions knows how to click on "reply" to email inquirys. (?)

Again, You are right, we DO NOT know what (if anything) has happened, But we (as customers) would like to know. All I can say is that to ignore inquiries, and expressions of concern is not like the Chloe I came to know and appreciate.

I agree Carl. She was always very helpful and prompt. I have had to order parts elsewhere as I get ready to have the '78 painted. I ordered a set of emblems and T/L surrounds from Charlie Osborne and I mentioned Chloe. He said he hadn't heard from her in quite a while. He said he supplied her with many items. He thought it was very strange too......

Mark,

I am looking to order parts for my 73 Z. I waisted a couple of mths with MidwestZ. Who is Charlie Osborne?

I was just thinking about the possibilities that could of happened at MidwestZ and it just occurred to me that Paypal uses your credit card or checking/bank account for transactions. When I did my Paypal complaint/investigation everything was still under Chloe's name. I would think that new ownership would have a new Paypal account or at least take Chloe's name off. My situation was resolved by Paypal and was still under her name.

Greg

I was just thinking about the possibilities that could of happened at MidwestZ and it just occurred to me that Paypal uses your credit card or checking/bank account for transactions. When I did my Paypal complaint/investigation everything was still under Chloe's name. I would think that new ownership would have a new Paypal account or at least take Chloe's name off. My situation was resolved by Paypal and was still under her name.

That doesn't really tell us much. Perhaps the new owners don't know how to do it? Or, if Chloe came down with a fatal disease then her relatives might be running it.

Who knows...

yesterday I came accross the add on this site for MidwestZ I have bought a lot of parts form Chloe in the past , but I went through the intro in the add and registered with them. I received a email from them the same day . I sent them a email telling them that I have been a customer for a long time and have had a great working relationship with Chloe and that I would like to know what is going on with her and or her co. I further stated that I wound NOT be ordering any parts untill I receive information . I further stated that the classiczcar club has been trying to find out the same info , and for the good of out relationship that they should contact the website or my self. I havent heard a work. Gary