IGNORED

Good day with my Z

J Shara

I finally got the windshield installed, and the engine running nicely. Today was the first day my Z has been used like a car in a long time. But still so many things to finish. The before and after pics.

post-18779-0-73523400-1437615644_thumb.j

post-18779-0-05552200-1437615703_thumb.j

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Ok so now I had a bad day with the z . Shes finally road legal. Got the tags and everything today. And wouldn't you know it, I'm fairly certain the fuel pump took a dump. Car was running fantastic this morning. Stopped at BP and put some mid grade in the tank about 7 gallons. Then 15 mins later I noticed the first hesitation. Eventually it woldnt run long or good enough to make it up a small incline. Pulled over on the side of the road and popped the float bowl chamber covers and the front carb was empty. I also checked the lines off the fuel rail and into the carbs by blowing through them and they were not clogged and I could hear coming through the bowl vent. : ( Luckily a kind man who's house I was in front of, lent us his air compressor and we sent a fair amount of pressure through the rail. So im certain that's not clogged. Any thoughts?

Edited by J Shara

If you'll pull the valve cover off and the fuel line that goes to the rail then actuate the pumps arm by hand it should shoot gas out.  You could have a clogged banjo bolt filter on the front carb, the float valve may not be opening or closing (I can't remember which allows fuel to flow through).  Just throwing some common issues around.  You can check for fuel in the float chamber by sticking a straw down the overflow bung on the cover instead of pulling it off.  I know it's easy to get them off but those blasted cork gaskets are a pain for me. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in Harford county. I've driven the car a few times since this happened and it only happened one other time. It appears to happen when its very hot out, if I drive the car continuously, and after I get on the throttle a bit. Is it possible the non vented gas cap could have something to do with it?