IGNORED

Body shop didn't order bumper ends, 1976 280

Redwing

Hi all,

You may remember last Sept my RedBird met a post with bad results.  Ever since then, the body shop has been promising to order the bumper ends from Japan, with a 6 months wait.  I just called the body shop once again, that they have not even been ordered!  I am livid!!!  The first car show is next month, and she looks funny and unfinished without them.  They are now trying to get All state to cut me a check and get me to order them.  Not sure that is a good idea, thinking pitfalls may be included with that deal.

Any idea where I can get them without the 6 months wait?  Any good ideas on getting the parts, or suggestions about accepting the check?

Wow, I am so very very pissed!

Thanks all...

Jai

3 hours ago, Patcon said:

@kats

Do you have a source for these if she can PayPal the funds?

Thanks, Charles

Hi , I currently have no good news for this , 

several shops in Japan import Zs from the US , however they usually do 240Z . If I find  the pats I will let you know but it seems difficult.

Kats

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, kats said:

Hi , I currently have no good news for this , 

several shops in Japan import Zs from the US , however they usually do 240Z . If I find  the pats I will let you know but it seems difficult.

Kats

Thanks, Kats

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I managed to source these for my Z (74 1/2 260 so the same as Jai's as far as the bumpers are concerned) but they were almost impossible to find.  I believe that Oliver from Z Specialities sourced a set for me (including the rubber center piece) for the front and Charlie Osborne from Zedd Findings in Canada managed to find the rears.  I was told by both when I ordered them that they could not predict when they would arrive and it was possible that they would never show up as supply on this was very limited.  This was also back in the 2013 timeframe and so the supply situation is probably worse now.  Regardless I would give both of those places a call and see if they might be able to help you out. 

Hope that helps.

Mike.

• Thanks 1

Maybe it's time to think about converting to the early style Z bumper which, although pricey, is readily available in chrome or stainless steel.  I realize there's a budget involved.  But is sounds like a viable option unless someone finds a correct well used one at a pick-a-part.

Dennis

• Like 1

Good news.  The body shop has ordered the left side bumper end.  But the right side is not available.  Nor the rubber finishing strip that goes from side to side on top of the bumper. Front bumper 1976 280 Z.

If anyone has information where I can get these 2 parts, please tell me where.  I can get the body shop to order them from anywhere.

Thanks all,

Jai

• Like 1