IGNORED

No brakes

Alan2fast

Hey every one. Ok my problem with the 240z is i cant get the brakes to work. When the car is off there is some pressure but still pushes down. When i turn the car on there is noting the pedal drops to the floor the only braking power i have when the car is on is if i pump the pedal new master cylinder. New booster new pads rotors. Some new brake lines. Bleed the master cylinder bleed the brakes still the same. Any ideas whats going on?

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Take drum off if you cant turn the adjuster you will have to disassemble clean lube it. If every thing is good tighten till shoe engage the drum. With wheel on tire should spin 180 half rotation while spinning by hand. Adjust through dust cover. If everything is perfect cond The rear should adjust with parking bake use but don't count it.

10 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

Easy way to check is pull up the E brake.  If it comes up without resistance your problem is the rears.  

That's a good check.  About 6 clicks and the lever should get tight.  If it's loose, pull it up several times and it should get tighter, if the mechanism is working.  If it does tighten up and you still have the problem, it's probably not the rear brakes, it's probably air in the system.  Many people have problems bleeding the Z brakes.

If your brakes are not factory stock, but are "upgraded" then it's a whole different story.  People always have problems with those.

Don't overlook the Brake chapter of the FSM.  http://www.classiczcars.com/files/category/11-240z/

The rear brums are all new as well. Brakes are are oem stock new replacements. As far as Pulling the e-brake it feel pretty good right as you start pulling and harder at 6 clicks could maybe use a little readjusting.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk