IGNORED

value opinion

sweatybetty

What's a 90 Cherokee worth?

That's a nice looking car.  Probably rust-free if the history is correct.  There's a guy that had his 1978 Z for sale forever for about $8000.  Nobody would buy it.  Use one of those Craigslist conglomerators to see what Z's are selling of nationwide.  I think that there are a ton of people out there who never get their asking price though.

http://www.searchtempest.com/

Unless you LOVE the Cherokee trade it. Agree with Zed. Around here you could probably pick it up for $6,000 - $7,000 if the body is good. $4,000 - $5,000 if it's only fair. The Z will gain a lot more value over the years than the Cherokee. Now if it was an old Toyota Landcruiser, I might have to give it more thought.

There is a lady that makes lots of decals for rc modelers. she advertises on some of the websites. If they are not available she can make them. If you decide to go that route let me know and I will try to get some contact info for you...

1 hour ago, Mark Maras said:

Good eye Cliff. I think you're right. The darker shade of yellow in the engine bay looks original. If decals are available, changing it back to a Zap would add to the value.

He needs the build date to be sure but I think the door tag probably has late '76 stamped on it so he thinks it's a '76?¿?

• Like 1