Everything posted by wheee!
-
Thinking about installing an BMW M6 engine in my Z
oooooooo! A Sackville S30 Show and Shine!
-
[2017] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?
Oh my. This guys gonna get some work! Flat rate or by quotation?
-
Thinking about installing an BMW M6 engine in my Z
I think you meant to say the Armpit of Canada.... (Only a Westerner will understand that one)
-
Thinking about installing an BMW M6 engine in my Z
... meet in Saskatoon.....
- 1976 280Z Restoration Project
-
Thinking about installing an BMW M6 engine in my Z
So excited for you!!! Looks good!
-
sweatys rebuild
Inspirational as I head into paint and body...
-
Underbody paint color
Looks like the primer under mine...
-
1971 Series I Project for $3K in Orlando
Even the rust was from the factory...
-
[2017] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?
Nice
- 1976 280Z Restoration Project
-
Greetings From The Great Pacific Northwet
, my cars all have girl names... RoZy and SASSZ [emoji2]
-
1971 Series I Project for $3K in Orlando
Yeah I think that's a $1500 car tops...
-
[2017] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?
.... drool.... Loving the headlight covers and chrome ring! OEM or aftermarket?
-
Greetings From The Great Pacific Northwet
There are a lot of restorers here that track old VIN's too. Do you have 240's 260's and 280's or just all 240's? Plus of course there are always people looking for parts...
-
Greetings From The Great Pacific Northwet
Very nice! I think the resto community here would love to see pics of your collection too!
-
Greetings From The Great Pacific Northwet
Welcome and can I just say.. Wow! ... need mor pics!
-
1976 280Z Restoration Project
Yes, it is rolled back to the inner panel. The next step is epoxy primer, then seam sealer or fibreglass filler. Probably just the fibreglass filler because it is waterproof. The finished lip will be sealed and waterproofed. I am not too worried about moisture getting in there when I'm done.
- 1976 280Z Restoration Project
-
Looking for Cable ties for 280Z engine bay harness
Check these out... pricey but effective. http://www.240zrubberparts.com/apps/webstore/products/show/6644319 http://www.240zrubberparts.com/apps/webstore/products/show/5619191
-
1976 280Z Restoration Project
Yikes! Nope. I got it all off tonight with the EZ strip wheel. Down to bare metal except for a very small patch near the rear bumper that is blocked by the rotisserie. Took a little time cleaning up the shop then looked at the wheel wells. Grabbed a body hammer and started rolling the fenders in. Did a pretty nice job of it and I think it will look and work fine with my wheel and tire choice. Didn't get any more pics tonight so I'll have to do that later. Tomorrow night I have a little more grinding and welding to do. Small repairs and cleanup.
-
Sheet Metal - Battery Area
eBay has a couple items for sale. Check it out.
-
Anyone need a new shirt?
NOT MINE... but very cool for a medium sized person! http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Datsun-Nissan-Hawaiian-Shirt-Medium-240Z-300ZX-280Z-280ZX-260z-Great-Shape-/172558850318?hash=item282d4f190e:g:a7QAAOSw3v5Yq7~n
-
My Hoarding of Z Parts
Duly noted.....
-
1976 280Z Restoration Project
Not much to report this week... a lot of cleanup grinding and small welds. I also started cleaning off the rest of the body filler and paint from the rear quarters etc that hadn't been touched yet. Huge mess in the shop as the bondo is so thick in places I almost need a grinder to remove it. The metal underneath is not too bad, but someone had made small repairs a long time ago, then added bondo and paint. Then someone added more bondo and paint. Rinse and repeat four or five times.... I will be glad when it is all gone and I can clean the shop up. Next I am hoping to start the full cleaning process of the body. Blast out the remaining dust, debris and sandblasting media that has been trapped for the last year. Wipe down all the metal surfaces with degreaser and paint prep, clean all remaining adhesive residue off of the interior metal surfaces and prep for epoxy primer. The plan is to have the entire bottom, engine compartment and interior of the shell primed with epoxy. Possibly the rest of it if I can work around the rotisserie well enough. Then I can start seam sealing and body work where needed. The bottom of the car will be painted body colour and clear coated so it needs to be nice!