IGNORED

What I did on the weekend

drunkenmaster

Rusty1, Seam welding is going over the chassis, when all the crap is out of the way, and making short welds (stitch welds) along all the seams of the different chassis pieces. This process tightens up the chassis. Pretty much a good idea for big HP and competition applications if allowed. Chassis bracing via a roll cage and strut tower bracing is the next step. Does this clear things up for ya?

• 3 weeks later...

Still over there.

Havent found a 260Z wreck over there so it will come here with no mounts and OEM sump.

Still trying to sort out turbo details.

On Jack's advice I'm looking at a GT30 over the T3/T04 as was my original plan, but apparently they are considerably more expensive over there, perhaps I will have to buy and fit it here also and make up the lines.

The plumbing i.e oil and water lines is one thing I dont really want to do that much of.

Can you not find one cheap in Aus or elsewhere and have it shipped over? Alternatively you could put a wanted ad on the SDU forums page and that way you could pay for it and they send it directly to the guys for you. Mind you, I guess you'd ideally want a brand new one.

Originally posted by drunkenmaster

Its all starting to fall into place:

Looking good, verrry good, I want it.:love:

BTW, how is the shipping to/from NZ working out? I know of two RB20DET gearboxes available in NZ. I want one...........

They are RB20DET boxes DM, unfortunately for you.:) Good strong box though not as tough as the bigger 25 box. How was your freight organised BTW, got a name for me?

Really do love your engine, drool, yumm.:cheeky: