IGNORED

What I did on the weekend

drunkenmaster

yeah I'm playing with the idea of switching engine heads or building another engine.

Still unsure :).

Good to see you've made some progress there I know what fun it is removing it just havn't discovered how much fun it is to put it back.

Well It didnt take all weekend, just sunday afternoon.

Sunday morning was used for stripping manifolds, assembling my new crane and buying chains and high tensile bolts fromt he hardware store.

I am getting the following made in NZ:

rebuilt RB30DET (RB30/RB25 hybrid)

rebuilt T3/T4 turbo

custom gtr style plenum and tb+linkages

The list goes on for about a page with other little bits but that is the bulk of it.

:sick:

Ewwww, drunkenmaster, those are some gross pics. What do you do when you get rot in an area like the quarter window sill? I'm a youngster and don't know a lick about body work. My 72 is starting to rot out around the rear quarter panels and I don't know what to do. All I know is that I want to get it painted in the near future and I figure I'll just get that work done at that time. And another (stupid) question: while I'm getting the paint redone, it would probably be a good idea to get the entire body straightened out (dents, dings, etc.) right? Thanks for any info.

Originally posted by drunkenmaster

Well It didnt take all weekend, just sunday afternoon.

Sunday morning was used for stripping manifolds, assembling my new crane and buying chains and high tensile bolts fromt he hardware store.

I am getting the following made in NZ:

rebuilt T3/T4 turbo

The list goes on for about a page with other little bits but that is the bulk of it.

Whereabouts or who in NZ is building your engine?

Originally posted by craigcully

:sick:

Ewwww, drunkenmaster, those are some gross pics. What do you do when you get rot in an area like the quarter window sill? I'm a youngster and don't know a lick about body work. My 72 is starting to rot out around the rear quarter panels and I don't know what to do. All I know is that I want to get it painted in the near future and I figure I'll just get that work done at that time. And another (stupid) question: while I'm getting the paint redone, it would probably be a good idea to get the entire body straightened out (dents, dings, etc.) right? Thanks for any info.

The ONLY way in my opinion is to cut out the bad metal and weld in new metal. It was suprising to me that the lower radiator and rear 1/4 window were rusted so bad where as the bulk of the car is very rust free, usually you get a whole lot of in between, not 2 extremes.

Anybody work you require is obviously preferably done before new paint :classic:

Originally posted by drunkenmaster I am getting the following made in NZ:

rebuilt T3/T4 turbo

Wow! That's going to be quite a monster. :classic:

Ditto wanting to know who built it and if your willing, what sort of money this will cost. I have a mate that's quite seriously looking to build/have built such an RB30DET.