IGNORED

Marker Light Orientation

z3beemer

23 hours ago, Zed Head said:

Does anybody have a better name for #5 than "Limb"?  Can't think of one at the moment but theirs doesn't seem right.

It's a later mis-transcription of 'Rim'.

1970 C-187 Japanese market factory parts manual gives:

26182-E4100 RIM-side flasher lamp.

Edited by HS30-H
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, HS30-H said:

Also, Nissan very kindly supplied us with orientation clues on the lens itself.

If the lamp unit is mounted correctly, the arrow will point to the front of the car and the 'RH' or 'LH' script will be legible and not upside down.

RH and LH of these cars is as viewed from the driver's seat. Simple. Lens.jpg

Very interesting. I suspect the lens you pictured is unique to the Euro export vehicles. It looks like the IKI # is 5005, all of the lenses I've worked with are IKI 5004 as are the lamp bodies. Our North American versions also specify SAE PIA69 at the other end, and some but not all have DOT just above the SAE. Ours have no other lettering on the lens surface. The orientation of the raised IKI 5004 is opposite of yours. The RH / LH designations are found on the underside of the rubber adapter.

I am just getting underway on assembling some sets of refurbed markers.

IMG_20230709_133801025.jpg

Edited by jfa.series1
  • Like 3

On 7/9/2023 at 3:33 AM, grannyknot said:

Racer, do you have a video of you at the track?  I would love to hear the engine.

Sorry, no video on or off track. I do have some in car video on VHS from the time I borrowed a camcorder and taped a couple races, but it needs to be digitized, and who knows if the recordings are still good after all this time.

Notice the exhaust comes out the side. With it following the stock route, the heat was burning my right foot. I tried heat shields, header wrap, and still the heat would blister the side of my right foot. Since the rules allowed any exhaust system using the stock manifold, provided the exit was aft of the steering wheel hub, and the sound levels were met, I built a custom side outlet setup. I made a flange for the manifold attachment with 3/8” steel plate, and if memory serves, the pipes were 1-3/4”, then 3” going into the LoBak muffler (the LoBak was a circle track racing piece that isn’t filled with glass fiber, but has a spiral strip of steel wrapped around a 3/4” tube, the outer portion of the auger welded to the inside of the shell), with a 3” turndown. It was very quiet, never going over 65 to 70 db on the track sound meter (measured at 50 feet from the track).

• Like 1