IGNORED

Oil Pressure Sending Unit Problems

On 7/3/2023 at 8:32 AM, HS30-H said:

Pretty much all 'gold'/'yellow' finish plated parts on Nissan cars.

I wasn't following. You were saying the parts are all zinc plated but all the yellow zinc was chromated with Hexavalent Chromium

1 hour ago, Patcon said:

I wasn't following. You were saying the parts are all zinc plated but all the yellow zinc was chromated with Hexavalent Chromium

The main point I was making was with regard to Cadmium. People still talk about 'Cad' plating, but there were no Cadmium-plated parts on these cars. The majority of the 'clear/'blue'/'yellow'/'gold' finish plated parts are Zinc.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, HS30-H said:

The majority of the 'clear/'blue'/'yellow'/'gold' finish plated parts are Zinc.

For me zinc has always a grey color, (like the new screws and bolts you can buy at the DIY) .. i didn't know that you could make it blue-ish or golden yellow,  still learning! 🤠 I always liked those "golden"parts under the hood!

2 hours ago, dutchzcarguy said:

For me zinc has always a grey color, (like the new screws and bolts you can buy at the DIY) .. i didn't know that you could make it blue-ish or golden yellow,  still learning! 🤠 I always liked those "golden"parts under the hood!

Don't take it too literally. 'Blue' passivated Zinc isn't really blue. It's just a handy identifier for the slightly blue-grey hue of what is otherwise known as 'Clear' passivated Zinc. The 'Clear' passivate gives a slightly cold bluish tone to what would otherwise be a very silvery and bright natural Zinc in its un-passivated state.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The blue chromate is very dark blue in the tank. It does brighten the raw zinc plating and give it a slight bluish hue. I find blue chromate much easier to do than the yellow zinc. The yellow seems to be much more time sensitive. Like to the second...

• Like 2