IGNORED

Still struggling with car at idle after 8 years

jalexquijano

14 hours ago, jalexquijano said:

It was a digital compression tester

Hah! I think it was a BROKEN compression tester..  You normally do this in Psi? we do it in bar or ato or KPa. you need to have around 150 Psi on a healthy engine.. so look for a good compression tester.. i bought one many years ago for about 30 bucks.. a GOOD INVESTMENT!!! 

Take out all plugs, start for about 10 sec. (try to lay the meter so that you can see it come up..) and test them yourself.

(And remember, can't do it myself..  does not excist in your vocab! :finger:)

Also i bet you had to pay the guy more than 30 bucks.. When you would have bought the meter yourself you had one now to do many many other engines as well..  I also think, and don't get me wrong, someone who wants to drive a classic car needs to have some skill's to work at these old cars.. otherwise it's gonna cost you a LOT in a short time. (Also often garages don't understand these cars anymore. all they want is put an analizer to it.. well good luck there! 🤣 )

On 2/26/2023 at 3:54 PM, Patcon said:

That's unfortunate considering the numbers are not accurate and basically useless.

I agree with buying your own gauge and doing it yourself. I am sure you have the skills to accomplish this with a little instruction from us.

Is this the correct way to carry out the compression test? Im done with these mechanics here in Panama: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jalexquijano said:

Is this the correct way to carry out the compression test? Im done with these mechanics here in Panama: 

The only thing I can add is I remove the plugs and turn the engine over until I see oil pressure, then test. When I didn't start with oil pressure #1 would read low the first time and higher on the second test. Good luck.

• Like 2