IGNORED

Still struggling with car at idle after 8 years

jalexquijano

@jalexquijanoIMO, it looks like the rear carb is too rich, and the front carb may be too lean. Both nozzles down 3 1/2 turns. I'm left with the float level(s) being wrong.  @siteunseenCan the difference in the later lids be a possibility here? I've only dealt with the early lids with identical float hinge bosses.

3 hours ago, Mark Maras said:

@jalexquijanoIMO, it looks like the rear carb is too rich, and the front carb may be too lean. Both nozzles down 3 1/2 turns. I'm left with the float level(s) being wrong.  @siteunseenCan the difference in the later lids be a possibility here? I've only dealt with the early lids with identical float hinge bosses.

I agree with you. I think one carb is lean and one is rich for some reason.

The motor itself I think is good. So lets try to find a way to get the plugs to match.

Lets all take a look at the carb and manifold picture if we can get one.

Also do you have a carb sync tool?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, siteunseen said:

I've wondered if it's a misunderstanding in raising and lowering the nozzles by way of the direction the mixture nuts being turned.

Screenshot_20231029-155445_Samsung Internet.jpg

Let me ger this clear when i mean 3.5 turns clockwise is lowering the nozzle from the bridge 3.5 turns. The standard is 2.5 turns clockwise. At that setting the car has no punch at all even at 3 turns it lacks power.

The next thing while the dome and  pistons are removed you can turn the jets knobs to the full

up position. Then look. Do they look the same depth. Are we starting with both jets at the same position.

For example turning a jet knob 2-1/2 turns down does not mean they are the same if the starting points are different.

Did you say these were Z-Therapy carbs?

8 minutes ago, emccallum said:

Just a thought....Are they balanced at driving rpms? Run it up to 2-3k rpms and check balance with a unisyn, maybe one is opening more than the other at speed. 

I balanced the carbs on saturday at 2 and 3k rpms with a unisyn. This was checked already

• Like 3