IGNORED

Headlights not working

zdude1967

Here's a pretty recent thread.  He doesn't show the actual prying up of the metal tabs but you can probably figure it out.  A small screwdriver, some needle nose, whatever your favorite tools are.  Open it over a box top or a surface where you can find the little parts when they get away. 

Pic 36 is the start, about 2/3 down the page.

5 hours ago, Zed Head said:

Open it over a box top or a surface where you can find the little parts when they get away. 

Yeah.. and under a umbrella when things start to fly..!

NO.. just kidding.. i don't think things immediately jump out.. read the tread about it first careflly and you know what to do.. 

When i go restore my 240z i will bring relais into the headlight circuit because those switches are first very expensive and the contacts are not up to the job (full amps from the 2 lamps is to much.. )  Better to use a relais for the front headlights.. unless there is something available in LED. ( by that time...)

I rarely drive for a hour in the dark but after a half an hour i can smell the contacts hahaha...

On 11/2/2021 at 3:31 AM, dutchzcarguy said:

Better to use a relais for the front headlights.. unless there is something available in LED. ( by that time...)

I would do the headlight relays even if you go LED headlights. I used these LED headlamps and if you don't do the relays you'll have to use the anti-flicker module which is a pain to get them in the bucket with the headlamp. My first post in this thread shows the stock wiring and how it's changed with the headlight relays. The relays make it so the ground and power leads flow the electrons in the proper direction for the LED bulbs.