IGNORED

New Member,New to Z's

SJZ

Good Gawd! Do the rear wheels come off the ground when its parked lol? I built my first mopar at 19 in 1990 and it was a 72 Dart with a 440. That thing was nose heavy enough, can't imagine that much iron in the front of Z!

Got the clutch working Sunday with a new master cylinder, slave cylinder and hose. Also discovered while laying under the car that the front fenders and 1/4's have been replaced with Nissan parts. Depot tag on the back side of the passenger fender was dated 7-86 so this must be the time frame my father in law had the car painted. 

Edited by SJZ
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I would have to go look and let you know.. off the top of my head I have no idea. Could have been for a mounting on a car for another country or an update that never was instituted.  Old 240Z's that had mechanical fuel pumps had wiring installed for electric pumps.  But they were never used here.   Could be  bracket for something that was meant to be used later in the model run. OR, it is a place where you should have bold and do not.  Hard to say. I bet some of the wiser guys have answer. 

25 minutes ago, SJZ said:

What is this bracket for behind the headlight?

I believe they are for inner fender liners, item 80 on this parts diagram. They were not on the 240Z's IIRC, so your fenders might have been replaced. I could be wrong, but I recall something about this on the forum previously.

image.png

• Like 2