IGNORED

Grind off material

DuckManNK

Bought it my local dealership. They had to overnight it of course but they still make them. I think zcardepot.com has them as well. If you make out the p/n let me know and I'll get the receipt out of my file.

Looks like 14035-E4610. Google that and see what pops up.

Yeah that's right number

Screenshot_20210806-154634_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by siteunseen

1 hour ago, grannyknot said:

I've never heard that before, what is the rational behind having no metal in the gasket?

I’m not entirely sure, but the all fiber header only gaskets seal better at the exhaust ports. 

This is what I am referring to, although this one is for a 4 cylinder L series engine.

image.jpeg

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Racer X said:

I’m not entirely sure, but the all fiber header only gaskets seal better at the exhaust ports.

I bought a new set of (whole engine)seals for my 280zx and there where no longer metal parts in the in/out seal.. they say it's better that way.. i will know.. in a few years.. i hope.. when i get these IN this year..

Btw.. to check the flatness of your exhaust header, take a thick peace of glass and some abrasive material (like where you clean/polish with in the kitchen). Go over the glass with some abrasive on it with the exhaust header. you can see the un-flat spots in a minute (or 5.. 😉 ) 

Edited by dutchzcarguy
  • Like 1

I tried a magnet on the OE intake/exhaust gasket from 1972. It wouldn't hold itself but definitely had some pull. That's the old stock exhaust manifold from Nissan. The gasket that came with the 6 into 1 header from MSA had zero pull from the magnet. It feels like thin cardboard. So Mr X is right from where I'm standing along with MSA. But! my Nissan metal exhaust covered gasket pictured above is as quiet as a church mouse with the header. I did not use the MSA supplied paper/fiber gasket. Just a bulls**t observation is all. 

"Whatever works" LOL

• Haha 1