IGNORED

Putting in a replacement L-28

Av8ferg

Found the clip and pressing forward.  
I need AC more than you and you need heat more than me 😁.  Something tells me I’ll be pulling the dash after I get it installed.  Just trying the stick with the status quo.  

D2E07DE5-A3E4-4A89-A146-B8759338AD5B.jpeg

Yeah, why should you be so lucky to get everything perfect the first time?

Speaking of which... I see in your latest pic (upside down gymnast style) that you haven't run any of the vacuum tubing to the control switch. That's not going to get any more fun as additional things get put into place.   :excl:

Yeah, why should you be so lucky to get everything perfect the first time?
Speaking of which... I see in your latest pic (upside down gymnast style) that you haven't run any of the vacuum tubing to the control switch. That's not going to get any more fun as additional things get put into place.   default_excl.png

I know the vac lines are next in my list. I need to go through the FMS and confirm routing. Not looking forward to it.
Did the test run to check for leaks. Had a small one and just needed to tighten one hose clamp. All good now.
Of note: the car was running rough when I started it and it was running rich, and a big smokey…messed with idle screw and checked plug connections…no dice. Then I noticed the temp sensor pig tail on the back of the head came off. Must have happened when I was attaching heater hoses back up. So it appears the ECU defaults to a rich condition when this sensor is disconnected. Now noted for the future. Reconnected and ran perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

I think I got the vacuum line routing sorted out.  I had to fun out and buy new lines.  Didn’t want to risk putting in lines that were 45 years old back in the car especially since I have the dash out.
Just completed the center console sound proofing.  It’s a two layer system.  A metal backed butyl  layer 80 mls think followed by second foam layer.  

38585351-185C-4158-88A7-8A600E89ED5D.jpeg

9E4D90E4-DB1C-4827-879E-B77978DACFE5.jpeg

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

Thanks bud! I'll sleep soundly.   ROFL

The screws holding your vacuum control switch don't match. One of the screws that holds the HVAC "stuff" to the transmission tunnel is loose. Bottom right of the pic.   :ph34r:

Good eye Dr. Bruce….I guess someone has been in this HVAC before, shocker!   She’s 45 years old ….if our cars could talk can you imagine the stories that they’d have.  
I’m tired of looking at all this mess.  I think I’m ready.  A buddy is going to give me a hand tomorrow morning .   Who wants to bet this won’t be a one and done event.  I’m betting for the standard 3 attempts before I get it right, no whammy’s please.  I’ve double and triple checked everything.  I let the car run for 15 mins, and then tested all the HVAC selections and everything worked, except the AC because the engine compartment components are still out.  Heater workedgreat.  

Edited by Av8ferg