IGNORED

Documenting My Original Yazaki Spark Plug Leads

CanTechZ

1 hour ago, Carl Beck said:

Per the TSB - the change over from Yellow to White was at HLS30 31643.  That would have been an 05/71 Date of Mfg.

Hey Carl, TS71-60 notes engine serial number L24-031643 as the effective number, not vehicle serial number. More likely about 03/71 vehicle date of mfg.

47 minutes ago, CanTechZ said:

Hey Carl, TS71-60 notes engine serial number L24-031643 as the effective number, not vehicle serial number. More likely about 03/71 vehicle date of mfg.

OOps.. MY Bad!  Thanks for the correction - 03 it would be..

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally tracked down an original set of 1971 plug leads (had to buy a complete car to get them!), they are different to 1970 in having white lettering and the #6 plug boot with a 45 degree bend. Just have to model that up in Solidworks and print out a test piece. The 1970 wires and boots are all sorted and modelled. Print samples work fine on the test engine.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, SpeedRoo said:

Finally tracked down an original set of 1971 plug leads (had to buy a complete car to get them!), they are different to 1970 in having white lettering and the #6 plug boot with a 45 degree bend. Just have to model that up in Solidworks and print out a test piece. The 1970 wires and boots are all sorted and modelled. Print samples work fine on the test engine.

I would be interested to for an early 71 sign me up ( my car has lots of 70 features, so who says the 71 could have 3 different plugs wires in 1 year...

mine could have had the late 70 left over from factory stock, they put on early 71's, that was the practice back in the day...

• 7 months later...