IGNORED

What cleaning products are advised to maintain a dash

JggyZ

What cleaning products are advised to maintain a 280z front dash (intact) to keep it clean and/or protect? (car is parked indoors and out of the sunlight)

Any links to products that people found useful, please chime in.  Products to avoid would also help inform us.

Thanks in advance!

Agree, no silicone.. maybe do some investigation around oil holding products?  The plastic breaks because the oil is out and things get brittle. I'm glad here in europe we don't have that problem with the heat...yet... (last summer it was over 40 degrees Celcius here .. that's over 104 F  Pfff...) 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, cgsheen1 said:

We use Meguiar's Hyper Dressing on plastics and rubber

Yeah, i asked a dealer ones for that stuff but he (Here in the Netherlands) could it only deliver it in a 5 ltr container.. and costs were around 80-90 euro's pfff..  Maybe there are half or 1 ltr bottles now?

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, gnosez said:

My uncracked 1972 dash has only been cleaned with windex and then treated with baby oil. You can see where it soaks in as it dries out quickly. I then add a bit more and wipe it down.

Baby oil seems like the kind of thing that would bake your dash...I know that people use it when the sit out in the sun to "tan" themselves and as there is no UV protection in it at all they fry their skin whether they realize it or not.

On 4/25/2021 at 7:31 AM, dutchzcarguy said:

Yeah, i asked a dealer ones for that stuff but he (Here in the Netherlands) could it only deliver it in a 5 ltr container.. and costs were around 80-90 euro's pfff..  Maybe there are half or 1 ltr bottles now?

I would think you could order it on-line?  Amazon has it in spray bottles.

• Thanks 1

• Mike changed the title to What cleaning products are advised to maintain a dash