IGNORED

Is one carb missing a linkage?

The carb without the bar returns the nozzle flawlessly. The one with it that had the previously stuck nozzle, doesn’t return the nozzle all the way. It’s still a bit sticky and needs some help returning all the way. I won’t try to install them until later probably, I’ll see if I can get it to return better before putting it on. 

Thank you @Patcon I reassembled/reset the needle and all that per someone else’s instructions that I found on a forum and everything moves nicely now. 
Though one of the needles when looking through the bottom of the nozzle passage, the tip is biased to on side a bit. So I guess it’s a bit bent? But everything moves nicely. Is it a thing to worry about? Can I straighten it? Do I need to buy a new one? 

Thanks for all the help by the way, guys! Super appreciate it all!

I think the needle may have become bent because the nozzle was misaligned and binding. How bad is it?

12 hours ago, Cooper260z said:

I got these carbs from a guy that said they ran great, and in fact said that he had a mechanic friend that used to work on his Z that really knew what he was doing... guess I’ll just play with them and see what I can get to happen before I either get different ones and have them rebuilt 

Uhhh... Yeah. He's an expert.     :ph34r:

I think the one that’s bent isn’t the one that had the stuck nozzle. It doesn’t look that bad (to my inexperienced and hopeful eye) and everything moves quite nicely now. 

I mean, I assume the options are get another needle or use it and have it wear faster, requiring a new needle? In wich case, might as well use it, right? For the mean time. 

The problem is that the needle and/or nozzle may already be worn oval. But at this point, it sounds like you just want to get the car to run reasonably well and then deal with the finer points later. If that's the case, then you can probably use the existing needles and nozzles and move forward. The problem (if there is one) will be in getting the car tuned well.

Typically if the nozzle is worn oval or if there is material worn off the side of the needle, then it'll drive fine, but your idle will be rich.

BTW I took a look through my round top parts and I don't have that little linkage piece you're missing. Sorry.

okay, I’ll keep that in mind if I have issues with the car running well. And thanks for looking @Captain Obvious I appreciate it!

I do just want to get the car running decently well right now so I can drive it. Later I plan to do triples or maybe fuel injection and I’m not even sure how long this engine will last (Has low compression in a couple cylinders) so I don’t want to invest too much into it at this stage.  

wow! Okay @7tooZ will do, thanks!