IGNORED

Is one carb missing a linkage?

I bought this pair of SUs for my 260z and I think I’ve finally gotten to the actual step of putting them on the car but I’m noticing a couple inconsistencies with the two.
One carb doesn’t have a piece of linkage that the other carb does, and one carb moves the  Cylindrical thing at the bottom of the carb (that I assume is fuel related) and the other doesn’t. 

There could be nothing wrong and they’re both acting as they should as far as I know, this is my first time with the SUs so if someone can tell me what is or isn’t wrong here that would be appreciated. 

The picture highlights the present and missing linkage, and the thing at the bottom that moves only on one carb

394E468D-361C-447F-9613-13761C9520E4.jpeg

On the contrary @7tooZ they are four screw and the one on the right is missing the piece. Thank you for confirming that I am missing that piece 

Is that piece available? The real bummer is that I had another set of carbs but sold them thinking I didn’t need the extras. 

And there’s still question of the moving thing on the bottom. Are they both supposed to move? And if so how can I get the out her one to move?

You always need extras!! That's why we hoard stuff...

You're missing the choke linkage bar. The part that moves is the fuel nozzle. It moves down as a choke to add more fuel when the car is cold. They both need to move the same way when on the car and relatively the same amount. Pay attention when you get them on the car, they can stick in the down position and cause idle issues 

Just to confirm the answer you already got... Yes, you're missing a piece of linkage.

The piece you're missing is part of the choke system and because of that, the choke will not function on that carb. The rest of that carb will work fine, but the choke will not.

As far as getting a replacement, I have about a 0% expectation that you can buy that part from any normal commercial vendor or dealer. I think you'll need to find someone who is breaking up a carb into parts for some reason. I've got a couple spare parts for round tops around here somewhere and I'll look, but don't get your hopes up.

What do you mean by "functioning nozzle"?

And to answer the question... As long as the return springs are still pulling both nozzles up, then yes. You can drive the car even with that linkage missing. You won't have any choke capabilities and it may be a bear to deal with until it warms up, but yes.

Sorry... All that stuff I said before was wrong. The piece of linkage is what bumps the idle speed up when you pull the choke lever. The choke should work fine, but it's supposed to raise the idle too, and that won't be happening.

Not sure why your other nozzle doesn't drop at all. I'll have to take a closer look at the pics...