IGNORED

Parts for Sale: 4x reproduction Nissan Fairlady Z432 wheels in aluminum

Sean Dezart

11 hours ago, Patcon said:

I realize it might not be enforceable or worth the paper it's written on, but does it exists?

I also have no love loss for how business gets done in China. I understand this pretty well.

If they made an agreement with the factory to make wheels in an environment where everyone lies, cheats and steals, they should fully expect product to go out the back door. If you're gonna put capital at risk to develop a wheel or product, then you need to have safeguards in place for that money. It takes two to tango...

If they have an agreement, then I have more sympathy even if China's laws don't support them.

The sad reality is that western businesses dove head first into China since the 90's and were allowed to close down shop in the west now the problem is coming to a head.... their IP is now in the hands of the corrupt Chinese Govt (Gangsters) and so are their manufacturing factories. The only quick way out is for "regime change" in China.... they need a revolution to free the slaves/people from the evil Communist Party.  When we buy Mainland Chinese products we support this evil modern-slavery situation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 240260280 said:

The sad reality is that western businesses dove head first into China since the 90's and were allowed to close down shop in the west now the problem is coming to a head

Who, since the  mid '60s bought all the Japanese cars, motorbikes, radios, Walkmans (showing my age), ships....who invited them to build factories in our countries ?

When we buy Mainland Chinese products we support this evil modern-slavery situation.

And Burma, India, Bangladesh, Parkistan plus oil from Iran, Saudia Arabia.......the worlds isn't a 'clean ' place.

India has democracy at least and British law.... people have some protection.

You think so ? or perhaps it depends into which caste sytem you're born.....

46 minutes ago, Jason240z said:

Thats one hell of a claim!

Genetic engineering at its' most superfluous.

Sean, I used to respect you but you just  lost it.  I'd never buy your wheels nor your exhausts....nor recommend them,... based on your attitude.

You have to become a business person and be able to accept helpful guidance and objectively discuss it.

I also hope the wheels you sell do not kill anyone otherwise this thread my come back to visit you in court.

Edited by 240260280
  • Like 1

Hi, I thought that we had moved on !

I hope that you wrote this in the heat of the moment :

10 hours ago, 240260280 said:

Sean, I used to respect you but you just  lost it.  I'd never buy your wheels nor your exhausts....nor recommend them,... based on your attitude.

How would you describe my 'attitude' please ? I have read (listened) to every word in this post (a lot of it very-personal opinions unbased in fact) and with respect, you and the others know very little of the circumstances of these wheels becomming on sale here at an affordable price and even discounted for donating members - there's a lot more to it and you could have PM-ed me to find out before such a post ! No hard feelings.

There has been a systematic smear campagin of fake news and scaremongering the moment these wheels came up for sale in the UK now reduced to a wild hypothesis that M-Speed test each wheel received, rejected hundreds and returned them to the factory to be sold out the back door as potentially faulty. C'mon, in those circumstances wouldn't the responsable company action be to keep or destroy them to prevent their misuse/resale ?

I don't understand how my exhausts and bronze oil-drives have any relation to these wheel sales and disappointedly consider it quite spiteful of you to attempt to damage those sales. 

I've been producing these for over 10 years, learnt a lot, revised and developed, built up a good reputation and the last 9x years of which have been aimed at paying off the credit taken out after my 'partner' dropped me in the sh*t.

10 hours ago, 240260280 said:

I also hope the wheels you sell do not kill anyone otherwise this thread my come back to visit you in court

The same could be said of anyone selling any second-hand wheels or new after-market brakes and suspension which have disclaimers on them stating "off-road use only" - let's remain realistic please.

These wheels are no worse or better than those sold in Japan under the guise of being non-Chinese wheels - why else would the demanding company, in this case M-Speed, insist upon or accept the 'Made in China' casting ground off ?  They were even reccomended to friends of a participant here and the Japanese bought them in confidence !

I'm think that I'm paying the same factory price for the wheels as M-Speed. I have overheads just as they do namely the shipping and customs to Europe, sales tax here, (social charges and 'business-space tax' - it's a  French thing !) and finally the handling costs of shipping elsewhere. I have placed a reasonable profit on these wheels which'll allow me to reinvest that into new products which you'll see later this year.

I believe that M-Speed made a grave error in choosing 14'' as a diameter but as Alan said, they were made and destined for the JDM (purists and also Z432 owners who perhaps want to keep their original wheels safe indoors ?). They were therefore never intended to be sold in the USA or other export countries.

Owners are therefore lucky to have three* suppliers in the US to choose from, simply with different pricing : direct off M-Speed via Yahoo.jp.auctions, JDM parts here or me.

*I always understood that America stood for free trade and choice and anti-monopolies.

I've read your rant about Chinese parts in aeroplanes......just open your cell-phone and see where they're made : China produces to a budget - tell them to make something for 2 cents and they will but it'll be crap :  either M-Speed had given the factory a realistic budget for quality goods or not......and if not, we're all in the brine !

If there is one BIG difference between myself and other retailers, it's that I am a Z owner with a 'club spirit' who still remembers what it's like to be the other side of the counter buying at distance from un unamed, faceless website. I back up any of my sales with replacement or reimbursement AND take the time to listen and advise existing and potentiel clients on a range of subjects - not just those I've sold. 

Now please, can we turn the page - if I don't sell from this forum, it's not a problem - you've been informed and we've all had an animated, 'free-speech' discussion. These wheels are selling and I've had several messages of support following certain vitriolic posts.

As I seem to be the "cause" of "in the style of", here is my Kobe Seiko Z432 wheel (on the left) and one of my M-speed Z432 "style" wheels;

DSCF3033.JPG

At a quick glance, let's start with the hub, the end hole is different shape, the M-speed is more tappered to the base of the wheel, and a wider circumferance at the bottom. The "spokes" radiating from the hub are a different shape, and are deeper set into the wheel on the Kobe one and thus taller. The four spaces on the outer are different, one longer and squatter (Kobe) while the M-speed is not as sqat and taller. And from therethe outer "spokes" are a slightly different shape too.There are probably others, but you get the drift. The Kobe is thicker in material, and is much more curved over all its features, while the M-speed is much more "machined" with more defined edges.

None of the differences mentioned above can happen if you cast/make a buck from an original Kobe wheel. Hence why I say the M-speed is in the style of.

Like Gav is doing, and the replicas made here in the UK (you just see the edge of a 15" "works replica wheel [top right] ) all stemmed from have an original Kobe wheel used as a buck or scanned. So all the design follows into the replica.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sean Dezart said:

I have read (listened) to every word in this post (a lot of it very-personal opinions unbased in fact)...

You're not exactly a shining star of innocence in that respect, are you?

...and with respect, you and the others know very little of the circumstances of these wheels becomming on sale here at an affordable price and even discounted for donating members - there's a lot more to it and you could have PM-ed me to find out before such a post !

Is this the old 'Non Disclosure Agreement' thing again? It's a great technique for trying to get off the hook, but unless all cards are on the table how is anyone able to make a balanced judgment? What can you PM to people that excuses your actions in all this?

There has been a systematic smear campagin of fake news and scaremongering the moment these wheels came up for sale in the UK...

I'll remind you that (setting aside M-Speed Japan's legitimate sales over the last two years) they first "came up for sale" on a Facebook post by some kid in Bulgaria who had bought them direct from the Chinese factory. And that's where you started getting actively involved, isn't it?

You can call concerns for the ethics of this situation and questions over quality control "fake news" and "scaremongering", but so far you don't appear to have anything to base your reassurances on. You are attempting to sell 'new' (as in unused) wheels which carry markings that you cannot account for because you are not overseeing their manufacture. Putting your stickers on somebody else's product doesn't give you much control of quality, does it?

...now reduced to a wild hypothesis that M-Speed test each wheel received, rejected hundreds and returned them to the factory to be sold out the back door as potentially faulty.

Huh? You were the one who came up with this! 

These wheels are no worse or better than those sold in Japan under the guise of being non-Chinese wheels - why else would the demanding company, in this case M-Speed, insist upon or accept the 'Made in China' casting ground off ?  They were even reccomended to friends of a participant here and the Japanese bought them in confidence !

So Sean, what markings do the wheels that M-Speed Japan have retailed in Japan over the last two years carry? Have you seen them? 

If markings are being ground off - or the moulds have been altered - then you will need to show who is responsible (and, ideally, why) but I'd want to hear both sides of the story wherever possible. I didn't see any ground-off marking on the wheels that I saw in-person in Japan.

And yes, I made recommendations of the M-Speed Japan wheels as being good quality (visually) and good value, based on what I saw and what I had been told by others who had bought them. You will remember (or maybe you won't...) that you are also telling us that I'm trying to stop sales, and that I don't really want anyone else to have them. Bizarre.

I'm think that I'm paying the same factory price for the wheels as M-Speed. I have overheads just as they do namely the shipping and customs to Europe, sales tax here, (social charges and 'business-space tax' - it's a  French thing !) and finally the handling costs of shipping elsewhere. I have placed a reasonable profit on these wheels which'll allow me to reinvest that into new products which you'll see later this year.

So, once again you're talking about 'factory price' for two products which M-Speed Japan invested in and created. Without that investment, IP and everything that goes with it you'd be nowhere. You are - quite simply - taking a free ride on somebody else's ticket.

I believe that M-Speed made a grave error in choosing 14'' as a diameter but as Alan said, they were made and destined for the JDM (purists and also Z432 owners who perhaps want to keep their original wheels safe indoors ?). They were therefore never intended to be sold in the USA or other export countries.

NOTHING has been stopping people buying these wheels from M-Speed Japan over the last two years. I know people pretty much all over the world who have bought them direct from Japan. I see you make these assertions as though they are fact - and I guess some people swallow it whole - allowing you to ride to the rescue, setting yourself up as some sort of saviour. 

And what is wrong with 14" wheels? The originals were 14". Painting this as a "grave error" is just... bizarre. Yes, a limited production 15" scale-up version of the 'Rally Mag' style was made over 10 years ago (and very nice they are too...!) but that was simply about widening the tyre options. We are in a better position now with tyres like Advan's HF Type D once again on the market, so 14" is less of a problem for tyre choice.

Owners are therefore lucky to have three* suppliers in the US to choose from, simply with different pricing : direct off M-Speed via Yahoo.jp.auctions, JDM parts here or me.

*I always understood that America stood for free trade and choice and anti-monopolies.

Three suppliers in the US? You're in France.

M-Speed Japan's sales are not limited to Yahoo Japan auctions. Anyone can contact them, and they have.

You're talking about 'monopolies' (!?!) for a product which M-Speed Japan have brought to market? Would this line of thought also apply to your Z-Story exhausts then? I can't imagine you would accept somebody approaching your Chinese exhaust manufacturer for supply of Z-Story product, and your Chinese manufacturer selling to them. Or would you? Apparently you think its all fair game? 

If there is one BIG difference between myself and other retailers, it's that I am a Z owner with a 'club spirit' who still remembers what it's like to be the other side of the counter buying at distance from un unamed, faceless website. I back up any of my sales with replacement or reimbursement AND take the time to listen and advise existing and potentiel clients on a range of subjects - not just those I've sold. 

So you're painting M-Speed Japan as one of these "un-named" (err...) and "faceless" websites? They can be contacted - in English! - and will sell overseas. What's the problem? Painting yourself as this Robin Hood 'one of us' type figure is all well and good, but when you call into question the integrity of a company whose product you have essentially picked out of their pocket, it doesn't wash with me. 

If you wanted to do this you should have done it clean. You should have approached M-Speed Japan to work out some kind of deal or clearance, and then put that on the table for potential customers to see before attempting to sell this product with your name on it. The situation needed to be clarified. You got ahead of yourself.       

Edited by HS30-H

You make this all so personal Alan.

What needed and wanted to be said has been, repeatedly and provocatively.

When anyone else wants a set of either wheel type, please PM me - I'm switching off notifications of this thread.

Yo'all have a great weekend - very wet and stormy here so I'm off down to my store to wrap some exhausts.