IGNORED

what is this interior

Jet

11 minutes ago, gwri8 said:

Funny, I was just looking at a 77' for sale in Arizona and they had a small pic of the seat with an obvious cloth inner.  I'm willing to assume (and all that entails....) that dealers offered that option?95699482_4220095891337709_6618384984971411456_n.jpg

There's been some "end tails" on that seat, large too IMHO. Kind of squashed huh?

• Like 1

That's  what I was thinking. It was some sort of Southwestern model....It also has white seats that are pretty thin. Like some sort of racing bucket. It was originally blue - really bad silver paint job on it. Overspray everywhere. Thought might some sort of limited edition.

Probably not though. 

I don't have the time/money to do anything with it either.

Thanks everyone.

22 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

LOL

And anyone know why they put those little nibbies on the back of the 2+2 taillight panels? Do they serve any functional purpose? From what I can tell, the panels are identical except for that feature. Seems weird to spend the money to have two different molded parts for no functional reason?

The 2+2 tail light trim panels are subtly different in shape in many ways. They are not interchangeable with the coupe. It’s not obvious until you lay one over the other. The 2+2 body shape is really unique from the doors backward.

I too wondered about the function of the dual nubbies but I’m convinced its entirely esthetic. Either to fill a perceived visual void or just to make a “this isn’t your usual Z butt you’re looking at” statement. 

1 hour ago, zKars said:

The 2+2 tail light trim panels are subtly different in shape in many ways. They are not interchangeable with the coupe.

Thanks Jim! I've never had the opportunity to examine them side by side. Thanks for the details.

So then the answer to the "what's with the nubbies?" might be as simple as "We wanted a way to keep them from getting mixed up at the factory."

• Like 1

18 hours ago, gwri8 said:

Funny, I was just looking at a 77' for sale in Arizona and they had a small pic of the seat with an obvious cloth inner.  I'm willing to assume (and all that entails....) that dealers offered that option?95699482_4220095891337709_6618384984971411456_n.jpg

Arizonan's really have a thing for cloth seats (and white cars) - if not cloth, it's gotta be leather. (Just sit on vinyl through an Arizona summer.) Even if you have the coldest A/C in the state you're still sweat-stuck to the vinyl if you're in the car for more than two minutes. I'm sure that some of the dealers here had an ongoing relationship with an upholstery shop to re-do the seats in these cars as soon as they came in. Otherwise they would have never sold a Z in the summertime.

• Like 1