IGNORED

what is this interior

Jet

Found an old 77 on a lot and it has this interior that I cant quite seem to figure out. The pattern was on the doors and the center console. 

I wanna say that I saw one similar on 'Barn find Hunter' or whatever on You Tube. 

Also- what about this rear bumper?

IMG_5199.jpg

IMG_5200.jpg

I believe both of those things are PO customizations. The over rider on the rear bumper is definitely aftermarket, but who knows where the door panels came from.  And the rear taillight panels are aftermarket also.

7 hours ago, rturbo 930 said:

Those look like 2+2 panels. 

Yup. Stock 2+2 rear end, other than the over rider bar. Interior is someone’s creative upholstery job. I myself prefer a good quilted velour interior. Pink or baby blue. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

LOL

And anyone know why they put those little nibbies on the back of the 2+2 taillight panels? Do they serve any functional purpose? From what I can tell, the panels are identical except for that feature. Seems weird to spend the money to have two different molded parts for no functional reason?

1 hour ago, Captain Obvious said:

LOL

And anyone know why they put those little nibbies on the back of the 2+2 taillight panels? Do they serve any functional purpose? From what I can tell, the panels are identical except for that feature. Seems weird to spend the money to have two different molded parts for no functional reason?

Adds horsepower! ?

12 hours ago, Jet said:

Found an old 77 on a lot and it has this interior that I cant quite seem to figure out. The pattern was on the doors and the center console. 

I wanna say that I saw one similar on 'Barn find Hunter' or whatever on You Tube. 

Also- what about this rear bumper?

IMG_5199.jpg

I've seen that before too.  But I'll be damned if I can find it again, I've tried for 10 minutes. Seems like it was a Z from Arizona? Maybe that's just my brain associating that Southwestern Aztec look?

JavelinZ has a late 280 with southwestern pattern cloth seats that appear to have been dealer installed. His is 110 and the seats are Red/Orange Arizona looking. Guess it fits. My sons '76 also had cloth with a Tan/Gold weave pattern - it was originally 304 Gold Metallic.  Both Arizona cars (where NO ONE likes to sit on black vinyl that's been sitting in the Arizona sun!).

Edited by cgsheen1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, cgsheen1 said:

JavelinZ has a late 280 with southwestern pattern cloth seats that appear to have been dealer installed. His is 110 and the seats are Red/Orange Arizona looking. Guess it fits. My sons '76 also had cloth with a Tan/Gold weave pattern - it was originally 304 Gold Metallic.  Both Arizona cars (where NO ONE likes to sit on black vinyl that's been sitting in the Arizona sun!).

Funny, I was just looking at a 77' for sale in Arizona and they had a small pic of the seat with an obvious cloth inner.  I'm willing to assume (and all that entails....) that dealers offered that option?95699482_4220095891337709_6618384984971411456_n.jpg

• Like 2