IGNORED

COVID-19

Zed Head

40 minutes ago, dhp123166 said:

What does a country do with citizens like this?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2020/07/16/anti-mask-rallies-continue-in-us-amid-rising-coronavirus-cases-and-deaths/#4db470112246

Sadly, it seems the only thing that may teach them some humility is a newer and and deadlier virus...

"You can't fix stupid" but "Natural Selection" can.

• Like 1

We're getting in to politics which isn't going to go far.  It's all clear, why beat a rotting horse?  It just makes things messier.

I do wonder what the magic number is though that will cause some sort of action.  Is it a death rate, or infection rate, or filled hospitals?  Even with typical politics, usually actions are taken to solve the problem, than credit or blame is fought over later.  This completer inaction and effort to hide the reality of the situation is incredible.  I can't even imagine how it will end.

In my old stomping grounds the Dept. of Homeland Security is kidnapping people off the street, like it's one of the central american countries, instead of facilitating efforts to combat the virus..  Amazing.  What a pointless exercise, people have been protesting in Portland for decades.

https://theweek.com/speedreads/926170/dhs-secretary-justifies-unmarked-federal-agents-snatching-people-portland-photos-graffiti

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

We're getting in to politics which isn't going to go far.  It's all clear, why beat a rotting horse?  It just makes things messier.

I do wonder what the magic number is though that will cause some sort of action.  Is it a death rate, or infection rate, or filled hospitals?  Even with typical politics, usually actions are taken to solve the problem, than credit or blame is fought over later.  This completer inaction and effort to hide the reality of the situation is incredible.  I can't even imagine how it will end.

In my old stomping grounds the Dept. of Homeland Security is kidnapping people off the street, like it's one of the central american countries, instead of facilitating efforts to combat the virus..  Amazing.  What a pointless exercise, people have been protesting in Portland for decades.

https://theweek.com/speedreads/926170/dhs-secretary-justifies-unmarked-federal-agents-snatching-people-portland-photos-graffiti

Looks like American citizens are being detained with no due process.

That sure looks political from where I stand.

Trump and Barr want their own Sturmabteilung in the guise of Homeland Security.

Still think it can't happen here?

Thankfully Trump lacks the attention span and is too greed addled to consciously pull this off without tons of help.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zed Head said:

Along with Dept. of homeland Security we got Customs and Border Protection, the U.S. Marshals Service and  the Federal Protection Service, all of whom were requested by the City of Portland according to our Great Pumpkin. For the record, they weren't asked by the city county or state. Their tactics, aside from the usual gas weaponry, shooting a non-threatening person in the face with a rubber bullet (broken eye socket) and multiple "arrests" by unmarked agents who cruise around in unmarked vans, who don't and won't identify themselves, who won't state the reason for the arrest, who ask that the "arrestee" waive his Miranda Rights  and who let the arrestee go after 90 minutes with no charges filed and they say they won't leave! These protests were winding down until the Feds showed up and reminded everyone what the protests are all about.

I do stay away from downtown these days because of Covid-19 and some physical limitations that prevent me from walking long distances otherwise I'd be there. Free speech is alive and well in Portland. If it gets a bit rowdy at times, it's because free speech and, at times, civil unrest are needed for change.

Edited by Mark Maras
  • Like 1