IGNORED

Only $1,700.00 for this Solid '73 240Z Project Car in Tucson, AZ

lonetreesteve

On 3/8/2020 at 12:17 PM, Zed Head said:

It has a title and it rolls.  i bet he'd take $800 if somebody showed up at his door with a trailer.  It would probably fit in a UHaul van.

Now the asking price has actually fallen to $800.00 and the seller wants cash and carry. Any members in the Tucson or Phoenix area?  If so, someone hurry up and buy this solid Z! 

• 2 weeks later...

Realistically, very good condition used tires with at least 50% tread might net you $75 a set, $100 if you're quite lucky.  If they're almost new (like only a couple thousand miles) you might get $150...and that's a highly qualified "might".

For a DIY project it has value. It also has value for parts. Putting it back into nice shape is a few hundred hours of labor, which is cool if you're interested in that. 

Edited by Pilgrim

My thoughts. From, shall we say, my european point of view. It's frustrating to see such a good shell and people asking to cut it up.

In this part of the world rust is inevitable because of the intense use of salt (past tense) on the roads in the winter.

You could restore a rust bucket, strip it down, sandblast it and replace all the rusted sections. 

An alternative would be to do the same on a relatively rust free rolling chassis and use the rust bucket for parts. Quite feasable for a 72-73 model 240Z.

• Like 3