IGNORED

Mint '71 240Z - More Fun Coming to BaT

DatsunZGuy

11 hours ago, christoffel said:

My other 10-69 and 11-69 production US 240’s have non tinted clear glass all around. I heard from a 5xx car that had already tinted glass. So I was surprised to find also non tinted glass in this #672 car.

HS30 00150 - Original glass has same stamping (non tinted glass).

IMG_20131219_173649.jpg

9 hours ago, 26th-Z said:

I wonder if I could get a picture of this with more of the hood, especially the corner of the hood next to this decal, please?  I just lost an argument about the color of this SILVER decal.  Is this decal on a non-reinforced hood?

Nice pictures, BTW, of the gas door latch and vented hat rotors!!!  I haven't seen vented hat brake rotors in a long time.  The brake backing plates should be bent in the front to scoop air.

The nuclecarms are also different and not painted

52973254-07F2-4B43-8552-7ADD6D008491.jpeg

40534F19-28D2-4BCA-A504-45BBB0593E93.jpeg

4CE13EE4-D23F-4F4D-8E58-5C7E7626F7AD.jpeg

But thanks for all the lovely pictures.  Both cars of my have the non-reinforced hoods.  Neither have any sign of a decal, but one, i know, has been repainted a billion times.

Great shot of the early rotor and backing plate.  Yup.

Edited by 26th-Z

13 hours ago, 26th-Z said:

The decal on the BaT car was gold?

Was that possibly some colour cast on the photos? A reaction of the digital camera's sensor to all the green paint around the sticker?

Sticker on my 4/70 HLS30U is certainly dull silver. 

Interesting way to see if there was an air pump on the engine.  I think Gab Ringette's #48 had this question. His hood was painted with no sticker.

I looked at #13 photos but the hood was replaced according to Mark so no sticker. It also has the reinforcing,

Edited by 240260280