IGNORED

Rockets from Iran hitting US bases in Iraq now

Just to be controversial, having dealt with Canadians a lot on business trips and having a half Canadian wife, I bloody love the place, it’s culture and the people! I have yet to meet a Canadian I dislike! Even the cabinet is made up of people who know their stuff and are progressive thinkers. By contrast our cabinet in the UK is made up of some seriously Dickensian characters.

If a hard Brexit does happen, it’s the one place in the world I would be moving to. Probably Toronto - go Blue Jays!!! [emoji106][emoji106]

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AK260 said:

I have yet to meet a Canadian I dislike!

Let me introduce you to a fewLOL

8 hours ago, wheee! said:

You had me until you said Toronto...
the real Canada is out west....!

52 minutes ago, 240260280 said:

LOL..... I'm sorry he said Toronto.

For the rest of our readers one of the national pastimes here is to hate on Toronto even though most Canadians have never been here, but I'm not really defending the place, I'll take it any day over Tehran.

• Like 4

Well I like all of Canada it’s an utterly beautiful place with some of the loveliest people on the planet!

My challenge is if I move that way I need to be near NY and GMT.

Oh and I may have to bring an RHD 260z onto the continent - too much blood tears and sweat invested to part company!

• Like 2

For the rest of our readers one of the national pastimes here is to hate on Toronto even though most Canadians have never been here, but I'm not really defending the place, I'll take it any day over Tehran.

Well I haven’t been to Tehran, but I’ve been to Afghanistan, Panjwaii in Kandahar province. I have to say I preferred that over Toronto and yes I’ve been there many times! Bullets flying in both locations....

Having said that, people live there for reasons other than choice. Love both coasts and have spent time in every province except Manitoba, PEI and Newfoundland but have nothing bad to say about any of those places.
All in all, Canada is the best place on earth to live and raise a family in a democratic nation of privilege. The downstairs neighbours give us a bit of fright now and then but I think they will grow out of it.
  • Like 3