IGNORED

[2020] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?

5 hours ago, SteveJ said:

I took the 260Z out to a small car meet called Worship. The people in attendance were hard-core car people, and my car garnered many complements and plenty of interest in the throttle body fuel injection. There was also a modified 70 240Z there, owned by a friend who used to frequent this site.

It always feels so great to take the car out for a drive.

DSC09620.JPG

Here's a link to the rest of the photos from today: https://photos.app.goo.gl/k76JqGTjErk1JcFTA

imageproxy.php?img=&key=e3750d425d330ce5

I get an error message when I follow the link.

This site can’t be reached

The webpage at intent://photos.app.goo.gl/k76JqGTjErk1JcFTA#Intent;package=com.google.android.gms;scheme=https;S.browser_fallback_url=https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMKV7RWLFwyvJBkP_WH1Y3eB64P6QPfLNgn1ip6p6lZSssxIw2-dDiHZ7F-9xcqiw%3Fkey%3Dc3RWcTNvckYyR2U4ckFWYlIwN3BWNEptWlFlRENR;end; might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

10 minutes ago, Racer X said:

I get an error message when I follow the link.

This site can’t be reached

The webpage at intent://photos.app.goo.gl/k76JqGTjErk1JcFTA#Intent;package=com.google.android.gms;scheme=https;S.browser_fallback_url=https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMKV7RWLFwyvJBkP_WH1Y3eB64P6QPfLNgn1ip6p6lZSssxIw2-dDiHZ7F-9xcqiw%3Fkey%3Dc3RWcTNvckYyR2U4ckFWYlIwN3BWNEptWlFlRENR;end; might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

I didn't see anything in the options that would preclude you from seeing the album, and @grannyknotwas able to access it. You might try again, and send me a PM if you continue to have issues.

53 minutes ago, SteveJ said:

I didn't see anything in the options that would preclude you from seeing the album, and @grannyknotwas able to access it. You might try again, and send me a PM if you continue to have issues.

Just had a look on my laptop, and it works, so, stoopit tablet, eh?

A nice cross section of rides there. The 69 Camaro is my favorite of the model. Those early Mustangs are also a favorite. I really like the red Ferrari, those old Jags too. Porsches, and Austin Healey, the Chevelle, the Ford pickup . . . . . . . . 

I wish I could have one of each.

• Like 1
Wishing my 1976 - 11/75 a happy 45th birthday, don't know what actual day it was born.  I ordered it in December of 75 and picked it up in early March of 1976.
Putting it away for the winter, it didn't get much drive time this year, all the car shows were canceled.  Hopefully they will be back next year.
75258903_2020forwinter.thumb.jpg.6dcbc7c20928ede22ba23566b5f7b4a3.jpg

Loving this car!! What wheels are those and do you know what offset / width?

You don't see a Triumph Stag much any more unless you're at a British car day.

DSC09590.thumb.JPG.a86d41596e6e2cf6251c47d157f0c112.JPG

We see quite a few of those here at classic car events - a Z parked next to one makes it look positively dated! Only 3000ish were sold in the US so I imagine they would be very rare over there. Sadly the 2.5 & 3.0 V8s weren’t the best engines for reliability, so I can imagine in a market where V8s are a staple diet, it was left wanting. They do sound great at full pelt though!
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, AK260 said:

We see quite a few of those here at classic car events - a Z parked next to one makes it look positively dated! Only 3000ish were sold in the US so I imagine they would be very rare over there. Sadly the 2.5 & 3.0 V8s weren’t the best engines for reliability, so I can imagine in a market where V8s are a staple diet, it was left wanting. They do sound great at full pelt though!

With the hard top I think it is just stunning, as elegant as a Jag, but as a convertible the B pillar wrecks it for me. It looks clunky.

ebay896439.jpg

1970_cars_triumph_stag_softtop.jpg

• Like 2
The wheels are 14 inch with 205 - 70 tires, Appliance is the brand I purchased them when I bought the car in 1976. Cost me $75 then.  Don't know off set.  Thanks.

Thank you! I ask as I’m pretty sure I have the same wheels on my car - just painted in the middle, so I have been trying to find who made them. There are no names in the markings, just a US patent number.

c88a5f2e3c55e9244f7a6387e9e98274.png&key=f1a166485081a1dbdbb9d2896673a8502f7d0d3fd07f04105fa8158e52a12b9b

d7ab14b02d00343fe419f7fb007a224d.jpg&key=cfbf41daf7c87bb1d42499573da44b0b32c2b2fa918195aec08f52c8b3dea2b6

Having said that, I’ve just spotted the Appliance logo at the bottom left of my photo - which until now made no sense to me.

• Like 1
The  a in the circle by the word max stands for appliance,  the center caps should have that a in the midde, very hard to find centers.

Agreed - however, I have since this post found some without prices quoted - so I assume they will be “reassuringly” expensive ;)

IMG_0427.jpgIMG_0426.jpg

Working on some chassis braces. I was going to replicate the TEP brace, but i kinda like the ease of access with this one..... I should have used 3/8" rod ends, but the supplier did not have 3/8" rod eyes, so i upped it to 1/2".  Need to finish up the rear K brace and the firewall mount.... Tonight! 🙂

The chassis brace fits well and also seems like there is more stability in the street driving i did today... I made some cup holders that matched some Porsche style ones i saw in the UK last year. They fit well, I can do a run of them if people are interested, I need to test them out a little more, I'm not sure how a thermos would do, but a large coke from in-in-out should fit.

I like them on the firewall side, seems out of way from peoples feet.

IMG_0464.jpegIMG_0468.jpeg

Edit* looks like i hit the submit button too many times, i tried to delete the old posts, but i only see a `hide` option hopefully it worked.

Edited by heyitsrama
  • Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Went out to the garage to look at the 240Z...

Said a small prayer to offer thanks that friends and family are healthy...

Said "Good Riddance" to 2020...

Went back in the house to to greet 2021 with renewed energy!!!!

• Like 2

We'll be back into the 50's by Monday.  Colorado at 5K feet is like that - winter alternates with moderate temps.

I got a compact sub to add low end to my stereo, but it has to fit under the driver's seat. I'll run the car to my garage and loosen the seat to see if it will fit. Got my fingers crossed, there's not a lot of room under the 280ZX seats.

Edited by Pilgrim
  • Like 1

I really feel bad, as the most I have done with my Z cars lately is move them around some. Been cleaning and organizing my shop mostly. I cleared a spot between the Camaro and the 70 240Z at the back of the shop for the 72 240Z, so I can do the 140,000 mile service on the 2001 Ram 3500, two and a half gallons of oil, new air filter, replace the thermostat, pull 6 tires and wheels, inspect the brakes (gonna need new front rotors, pads and calipers soon) inspect the tires and pick all the rocks out of them, rotate and reinstall, and torque 32 lug nuts. 

Next up is a repair on the oldest grandsons 2013 Focus.

Then oil change and service on the 1948 Ford 8N tractor. That thing is 72 years old and it just keeps on going. The Energizer Bunny has nothing on the Ford.

Next up, the 1972 Kubota L260 tractor that I mow with. Oil change and service. The 6 foot finish mower needs the blades sharpened, and the PTO shaft needs greased.

Can’t leave out the Kubota GR2110 diesel riding mower that Mrs. Racer mows with, oil change, sharpen blades and general service.

Then the 1995 F150 Eddie Bauer needs an oil change, transmission service, and both fuel tanks replaced.

By the time I get all that done my daily driver, a 2005 Subaru Legacy wagon will be ready for the 190,000 mile service. It will be due for a timing belt at 200,000 miles, so I’ll order up a belt.

Then I might get back to work getting the 72 Z driveable again. After sitting for 22 years there are many things that require attention.

669755C8-181A-4198-A53B-D1A5DD66B445.jpeg

1DD514BA-DE91-4C64-8B46-82B8A3464639.jpeg

61732331-0B58-471C-B7DC-A2DB44C20585.jpeg

Edited by Racer X
  • Like 2
  • 3 months later...

I should have been posting on this thread for a month. Been something each day. 
today i finally got a load of mt 90 into the tranny the hard way. Through the reverse sensor opening.

installed a new clutch slave and had a go at removing the front bumper (not as simple as one might think)

rad tomorrow.

AB232266-4A55-4BAA-B566-A5164E564BD3.jpeg

• Like 1

A big pipe wrench and a floor jack on the end of the pipe wrench is what I used after trying to be gentle with the fill plug. It chewed up the plug a bit but it came out.

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, Mark Maras said:

A big pipe wrench and a floor jack on the end of the pipe wrench is what I used after trying to be gentle with the fill plug. It chewed up the plug a bit but it came out.

I thought about that, but the sensor was so easy to remove. One quick haul on a vise grip, unplug and hand loosen. Next time it goes on a ramp ill get the filler plug out and put it back in hand tight.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
12 hours ago, davewormald said:

A little long weekend work on wheel well cleanup this past Monday.

20210524_165324.jpg

Looks more like an afternoon sitting in the shade, drinking piña coladas. 🙂

Edited by Racer X
  • Like 1