IGNORED

[2020] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?

zed2

You don't see a Triumph Stag much any more unless you're at a British car day.

DSC09590.thumb.JPG.a86d41596e6e2cf6251c47d157f0c112.JPG

We see quite a few of those here at classic car events - a Z parked next to one makes it look positively dated! Only 3000ish were sold in the US so I imagine they would be very rare over there. Sadly the 2.5 & 3.0 V8s weren’t the best engines for reliability, so I can imagine in a market where V8s are a staple diet, it was left wanting. They do sound great at full pelt though!
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, AK260 said:

We see quite a few of those here at classic car events - a Z parked next to one makes it look positively dated! Only 3000ish were sold in the US so I imagine they would be very rare over there. Sadly the 2.5 & 3.0 V8s weren’t the best engines for reliability, so I can imagine in a market where V8s are a staple diet, it was left wanting. They do sound great at full pelt though!

With the hard top I think it is just stunning, as elegant as a Jag, but as a convertible the B pillar wrecks it for me. It looks clunky.

ebay896439.jpg

1970_cars_triumph_stag_softtop.jpg

• Like 2

The wheels are 14 inch with 205 - 70 tires, Appliance is the brand I purchased them when I bought the car in 1976. Cost me $75 then.  Don't know off set.  Thanks.

Thank you! I ask as I’m pretty sure I have the same wheels on my car - just painted in the middle, so I have been trying to find who made them. There are no names in the markings, just a US patent number.

c88a5f2e3c55e9244f7a6387e9e98274.png&key=f1a166485081a1dbdbb9d2896673a8502f7d0d3fd07f04105fa8158e52a12b9b

d7ab14b02d00343fe419f7fb007a224d.jpg&key=cfbf41daf7c87bb1d42499573da44b0b32c2b2fa918195aec08f52c8b3dea2b6

Having said that, I’ve just spotted the Appliance logo at the bottom left of my photo - which until now made no sense to me.

• Like 1

The  a in the circle by the word max stands for appliance,  the center caps should have that a in the midde, very hard to find centers.

Agreed - however, I have since this post found some without prices quoted - so I assume they will be “reassuringly” expensive ;)

IMG_0427.jpgIMG_0426.jpg

Working on some chassis braces. I was going to replicate the TEP brace, but i kinda like the ease of access with this one..... I should have used 3/8" rod ends, but the supplier did not have 3/8" rod eyes, so i upped it to 1/2".  Need to finish up the rear K brace and the firewall mount.... Tonight! 🙂

The chassis brace fits well and also seems like there is more stability in the street driving i did today... I made some cup holders that matched some Porsche style ones i saw in the UK last year. They fit well, I can do a run of them if people are interested, I need to test them out a little more, I'm not sure how a thermos would do, but a large coke from in-in-out should fit.

I like them on the firewall side, seems out of way from peoples feet.

IMG_0464.jpegIMG_0468.jpeg

Edit* looks like i hit the submit button too many times, i tried to delete the old posts, but i only see a `hide` option hopefully it worked.

Edited by heyitsrama
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Went out to the garage to look at the 240Z...

Said a small prayer to offer thanks that friends and family are healthy...

Said "Good Riddance" to 2020...

Went back in the house to to greet 2021 with renewed energy!!!!

• Like 2