IGNORED

L28 full rebuild assembly

Av8ferg

right of passage used to be wheels, motorcycle at 15 then car at 16. I was outta there at 15 come home to sleep.

I guess the new right of passage is the latest x box or whatever, maybe I phones. Funny how that is. maybe each generation just needs something different unless they happen to be a throw back.

I talked to engineers, surgeons, librarians, and other professionals. Kid's hand-motor-skills are gone as well as drawing abilities.  No writing and limited printing... hands are becoming useless.... can't hold a wrench or a screw.... lame arse generations ahead.

Edited by 240260280
  • Like 2

My son just doesn’t want to get greasy dirty - clean freak, but at least his room was clean. My daughter probably understands cars more then most men her age (30). At least my son will have a degree and already has made his fame and the daughter will always be employed - SO - dad won’t be supporting anyone but the Z -lol

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Av8ferg said:

We are creating weak men in my opinion.
When I was a kid both my Grandfather and Father could fix and build anything and worked their tails off to provide for their families. People today are generally helpless, lazy and at the same time arrogant. Sorry for the rant!

Amen brother.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, spent most to the morning yesterday cleaning the carbon off my pistons so I could get them installed this week.
Technique was to use WD-40 and a scotch brite pad. Also let them soak in and acetone ATF brew for about an hour each. Final clean up with brake cleaner. Used the old rings to lightly scrape out carbon from ring grooves.
So during cleaning and with my 8x googles on I notice a few pistons with very minor nicks. Not sure the mechanism other than I know at least 2 feel out of the block when I removed them. Anyway, I think they’re cosmetic and don’t think they compromise the integrity of the piston but I thought I’d post and see what you guys think.

See my video below.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They do look good!  Now you should weigh them and make them the same.  Seems like mine were 700 something grams each, cap and rod together.

Just remembering how I did that and I may have the number wrong.  I had to weigh a railroad spike and write that down then hang the spike on the scales and weigh the pistons.  Added those two numbers together I believe was what I did. 

Edited by siteunseen
  • Like 1