IGNORED

Restoration Unveiled Today 08.17.2019

Car54280ZX

20 hours ago, DC871F said:

yes tape.

The first job after school was at a importer from ReVox..  Studer-ReVox recording stuff/ audio equipment , so i've been in Switserland to learn how to restore Prof. taperecorders..  and stuff..  Tapes? i got a hundred for my ReVox B215 cass. player.. i gave that one 2 years ago a service.. and all it needed were two new capstan rubber pressurerollers and some oil..  It's still going strong after 34 Years !!! 

Btw, Do you have any pics of those little recordplayers out of a 280zx?

On 11/10/2020 at 7:16 AM, dutchzcarguy said:

The first job after school was at a importer from ReVox..  Studer-ReVox recording stuff/ audio equipment , so i've been in Switserland to learn how to restore Prof. taperecorders..  and stuff..  Tapes? i got a hundred for my ReVox B215 cass. player.. i gave that one 2 years ago a service.. and all it needed were two new capstan rubber pressurerollers and some oil..  It's still going strong after 34 Years !!! 

Btw, Do you have any pics of those little recordplayers out of a 280zx?

I dont, they are buried in boxes of ZX parts in the attic.

If your car has the voice warning system, its located just forward of the spare tire well up high. Black box with a typical Datsun plug.

10 hours ago, DC871F said:

If your car has the voice warning system,

As far i know the euro types did'nt have it..?  Mine is a first ed. 1979 and does not even have elec. anything... hahaha..  :Bazinga:

Hahaha... i'm happy it has a alternator so i don't need to charge the battery every time i drove the car! 😂

10 hours ago, DC871F said:

buried in boxes of ZX parts in the attic.

Yeah!  I know what you mean!  At the moment i'm selling a few things here local and.. man... how many times i've been to the cellar (my storageplace for half of my parts..) i don't know but many times..

5 hours ago, dutchzcarguy said:

As far i know the euro types did'nt have it..?  Mine is a first ed. 1979 and does not even have elec. anything... hahaha..  :Bazinga:

Hahaha... i'm happy it has a alternator so i don't need to charge the battery every time i drove the car! 😂

Yeah!  I know what you mean!  At the moment i'm selling a few things here local and.. man... how many times i've been to the cellar (my storageplace for half of my parts..) i don't know but many times..

Yeah, I dont think 79's had the warning system. I always enjoyed the "Ding" though, well not the "Ding, fuel level is low". I never had enough money.

1 hour ago, dutchzcarguy said:

(oeps)  i was more interested in the parts inside, is it realy like a recordplayer inside? 

Doh!!!   Of course you would want to see the inside. Silly me, yes it looks like a small record player inside there. 

Lots of pins in the plug for all the different input signals to tell it which track to play. 

"ding" " You forgot to load the pictures" "ding"  Ha ha

IMG_3423.jpg

IMG_3424.jpg

IMG_3425.jpg

IMG_3426.jpg

IMG_3427.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, siteunseen said:

That is amazing. I would have never guessed. 

This would be like the needle? Now I know why she never said my fuel level was low while driving. It would have skipped. LOL

Exactly, just like the stylus on a record player. 

My co worker and I were discussing whether or not it played while driving. We were thinking it would have skipped as well. 

I found a few on eBay but nobody opened it up. It just has three screws on the record side and 4 on the PCB side. 

• Like 2

Like on a ordinary record the needle passes through the groove, normally it only has one LONG groove.  Here there are about 10? different grooves all lying next to each other, the Needle "knows" what track it must take by the different inputs..  It's simple technique but a reliable system Haha..  Thank you very much for the interesting video!

BTW.. I think that it can be used during driving, how could BB (bitching Betty  (so funny!))  warn otherwise for low on fuel?

"ding"  " I'm still good for another 300,000 Miles "  "ding" ... :pow:

• Like 1