IGNORED

I've been looking for a project

z8987

15 hours ago, z8987 said:

I don't know what "NOS Grommets" are, but I think I'm interested.  

Let me help a bit with your knowledge base.

NOS = New Old Stock

New = not used; Old Stock = not recently produced.  A lot of NOS parts are also NLA = No Longer Available, as such are often valued to restorers who want high accuracy and won't accept used or reproduction parts.

These grommets go in the firewall where your heater hoses pass thru from the engine bay to the heater core inside.  The grommets I have are NOS but are still available from Nissan - see this link: https://www.courtesyparts.com/oem-parts/nissan-grommet-rubber-2724328500.  I also gave you a link to aftermarket reproductions for $25/set plus shipping.

The new Nissan ones will cost you at least $21.68 each plus tax, your local dealer can probably order them and you can likely pick them up there to avoid shipping costs.  The set I have are $30, including postage.  If still interested, PM me and we can complete the transaction.

Jim

100_3339.JPG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jfa.series1 said:

Let me help a bit with your knowledge base.

NOS = New Old Stock

New = not used; Old Stock = not recently produced.  A lot of NOS parts are also NLA = No Longer Available, as such are often valued to restorers who want high accuracy and won't accept used or reproduction parts.

These grommets go in the firewall where your heater hoses pass thru from the engine bay to the heater core inside.  The grommets I have are NOS but are still available from Nissan - see this link: https://www.courtesyparts.com/oem-parts/nissan-grommet-rubber-2724328500.  I also gave you a link to aftermarket reproductions for $25/set plus shipping.

The new Nissan ones will cost you at least $21.68 each plus tax, your local dealer can probably order them and you can likely pick them up there to avoid shipping costs.  The set I have are $30, including postage.  If still interested, PM me and we can complete the transaction.

Jim

100_3339.JPG

PM sent

I took my radiator in to have it boiled and tested. It was leaking.  I was given lots of options. I chose to have it re-cored with three aluminum rows.  So, it will have the old look with a new aluminum core. $578 .  

• Like 2

On 3/7/2019 at 8:34 AM, z8987 said:

I took my radiator in to have it boiled and tested. It was leaking.  I was given lots of options. I chose to have it re-cored with three aluminum rows.  So, it will have the old look with a new aluminum core. $578 .  

With my radiator out and the rust and other gunk that came out of it, is there something i should to clean out the coolent portion of my engine block?  If so what ? 

2 hours ago, Reptoid Overlords said:

Coolant will come out of that hole just after the 5th plug, towards the end of the block. IMG_20190130_161018.jpeg

Sent from my N9130 using Tapatalk

I’m. not sure where you were going with this, I think it might help me, I’m just not sure what youre saying? 

6 hours ago, z8987 said:

I’m. not sure where you were going with this, I think it might help me, I’m just not sure what youre saying? 

There are 5 freeze plugs then the drain hole on the block in that pic, far right. You can run water through the coolant passages and it will drain out that drain hole, you can reverse the flow or back flush through the drain hole and move a lot of crud out that way too.  I have had a lot of success with filling all the coolant passages with full strength CLR letting it sit over night then flushing and back flushing with a garden hose or better a pressure washer. 

38 minutes ago, grannyknot said:

There are 5 freeze plugs then the drain hole on the block in that pic, far right. You can run water through the coolant passages and it will drain out that drain hole, you can reverse the flow or back flush through the drain hole and move a lot of crud out that way too.  I have had a lot of success with filling all the coolant passages with full strength CLR letting it sit over night then flushing and back flushing with a garden hose or better a pressure washer

Of course you don't want to run any of that through your new radiator, nor heater core...

Carl B.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2019 at 9:43 AM, siteunseen said:

Here's what my old OE radiator looks like, 4 speed transmission. No transmission fluid hooks up at the bottom.

20190303_113951.jpg

Newly rebuilt radiator.  Probably the best part on the whole car.   I need to get a thermostat and the cap that houses it, the cap is cracked, any ideas where I can get the cap/radiator hose to block connector?

01a9d45f30b5842b684d67ebe9d163c3affde42753.jpg

• Like 1