IGNORED

s30 NOS quarter panels

mastershake1998

2 hours ago, 240dkw said:

Not sure about the first two photos, but the last one is part of the sale of HLS300059 back in 2007. I tried to buy just the NOS panels, but the seller would not split it up. Here is the car. 

hls3000059.JPG

Woof!! That needs work. I would do it for #59 but still!

57 minutes ago, Patcon said:

Woof!! That needs work. I would do it for #59 but still!

The HLS30-00059 identity 'lives on' in - in a shameful example of identity swapping - in the UK as a zombie, in a post-'73 bodyshell:

1cJoUD.jpg
cM7w70.jpg
UTrrKv.jpg
bV8fUT.jpg
kYRVKX.jpg
cKrSTg.jpg

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, 240dkw said:

Not sure about the first two photos, but the last one is part of the sale of HLS300059 back in 2007. I tried to buy just the NOS panels, but the seller would not split it up. Here is the car. 

hls3000059.JPG

Yes....That’s where I saw those panels. I tried to buy them too....seller wouldn’t split em up.

7 hours ago, 240260280 said:

Shameful brits.... next they will be faking 432R's and pooping on your front step!

Owner is - apparently - a Canadian living/working here in the UK. The car was heading back in that direction last I heard...

"Faking 432R's" what, exactly...? If you know of any "fake" 432-Rs, I'm all ears.

And of course, you're the one doing the door-stepping and you're doing it on this thread too. I can explain it to you if you still don't get it.

Edited by HS30-H
added

Before this thread gets nasty. The op posted photo's of a set of 280Z quarters. They are quarters for a 280Z or am I missing something. No recess or indentation for the 240Z bumpers.

The 240Z quarter recess around the bumpers could be transplanted to these. The section around the bumpers is generally less rust prone, I beleive.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EuroDat said:

Before this thread gets nasty. The op posted photo's of a set of 280Z quarters. They are quarters for a 280Z or am I missing something. No recess or indentation for the 240Z bumpers.

The 240Z quarter recess around the bumpers could be transplanted to these. The section around the bumpers is generally less rust prone, I beleive.

No worries, just some friendly banter.

Good points. Yes the first photos are 280z. Rust is usually at the wheel well lip and  at the front-bottom of the quarter panel where water drains. 

The exhaust heats up the rear corner and keeps it dry.

image.png

I've seen a quite a few few dings on the corners that look like a tough spot to hammer back. My 72 had these beauty marks:

image.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 240260280 said:

I've seen a quite a few few dings on the corners that look like a tough spot to hammer back. My 72 had these beauty marks:

image.png

Not only is it a tough place to hammer back but the metal is incredibly thin at these corners because of the stamping process

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Patcon said:

Not only is it a tough place to hammer back but the metal is incredibly thin at these corners because of the stamping process

Use an easy beat to pull out the dings... it uses a tiny weld at the tip and then you use a slide hammer to pull it out. Useful for tricky areas like this with limited access.

RE: The original post, these are definitely aftermarket 1/4 panels. Not sure why someone would go to the effort of making the lower half only. Why not do the whole section?

I have a couple of NOS rear 1/4 panels, investigating scanning them and reproducing entire rear 1/4's. Seems a lot of S30Z's could be saved if we had those options. Shame about HLS30 00059.. I can promise HS30 00051 won't end up the same!

Z SHED 002.jpg

• Like 3