IGNORED

Found old Z pictures. I’ll start!

conedodger

On 2/11/2019 at 6:47 AM, Carl Beck said:

Studied SAC Logistics - SAC was updating and automating their entire supply chain. We all loved Denver. Returned there for the 1996 ZCCA Convention hosted by the Z Car Club of Colorado - great group of Z enthusiasts.  Didn't realize the base was shut down.. real shame, Denver is a beautiful place.

Question, taxing your memory... When you went to ZCCA convention in CO was there a guy named Larry Hutfulls (probably misspelled) in the CO club? There used to be vintage cars races on the streets of Steamboat Springs and a concourse show over Labor Day weekend that my wife and I would go to from 91 through 2000 (last year they were held in Steamboat). In 91 or 92 there was a very nice 240Z in the show and I talked to the guy and he mentioned the Z car club in Denver and I thought that's what he said his name was. The car was like a dark purple, very nicely done.

On 2/18/2019 at 5:24 PM, w3wilkes said:

Question, taxing your memory... When you went to ZCCA convention in CO was there a guy named Larry Hutfulls (probably misspelled) in the CO club? There used to be vintage cars races on the streets of Steamboat Springs and a concourse show over Labor Day weekend that my wife and I would go to from 91 through 2000 (last year they were held in Steamboat). In 91 or 92 there was a very nice 240Z in the show and I talked to the guy and he mentioned the Z car club in Denver and I thought that's what he said his name was. The car was like a dark purple, very nicely done.

I was a member of the Z Car Club of Colorado (ZCCC) back then.  I believe 240Z on the far left of the photograph belonged to Larry Hutfles. 

The picture was taken back in around 1992.

image.png

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, DatsunZGuy said:

I was a member of the Z Car Club of Colorado (ZCCC) back then.  I believe 240Z on the far left of the photograph belonged to Larry Hutfles. 

image.png

Thanks, that's the car alright. Come May when I go back north I'll post a picture of it in the concourse at Steamboat. Did you ever go to the races in Steamboat? RMVR got vintage street racing started back up after a 6 year hiatus in 2017 in Snowmass, CO the 2nd weekend following Labor Day. We went that year, but missed 2018. We hope to be back for 2019. We get a condo inside the track. The cars start practice runs at about 09:00 so that's when we mix up Bloody Mary's and walk outside to watch the cars run, what a blast! Here's a shot from the races, a 280 at the show that came up from Denver and my grandson and granddaughter being studly sitting in little formula cars at the show.IMG_20170914_113520.jpgDSC04719.JPG.

DSC04721.JPG

DSC04725.JPG

Edited by w3wilkes
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, w3wilkes said:

Thanks, that's the car alright. Come May when I go back north I'll post a picture of it in the concourse at Steamboat. Did you ever go to the races in Steamboat? RMVR got vintage street racing started back up after a 6 year hiatus in 2017 in Snowmass, CO the 2nd weekend following Labor Day. We went that year, but missed 2018. We hope to be back for 2019. We get a condo inside the track. The cars start practice runs at about 09:00 so that's when we mix up Bloody Mary's and walk outside to watch the cars run, what a blast! Here's a shot from the races, a 280 at the show that came up from Denver and my grandson and granddaughter being studly sitting in little formula cars at the show..

I didn't have a chance to witness the races at Steamboat.  About a year after that picture was snapped, Lowry AFB started closing and I was transferred to a base in California.

Many fond memories of my assignment in Colorado.

• 1 month later...
On 2/19/2019 at 10:42 PM, DatsunZGuy said:

image.png

As promised here's the picture of Larry's car I took @ Steamboat Springs Concourse / vintage races - Labor Day weekend 1990. It's what inspired me to jump back on my Z roots. When we got home from Steamboat I took my 73 to a body place and they said it would cost more than it was worth so I went looking for another car and found my current series 1 car.

IMG_20190328_0001.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 months later...