IGNORED

We're bringin' back the Flat Tops!

motorman7

Started a little upholstery work.  Funny thing is that I actually enjoyed it.  Never thought I would say that about upholstery.  Of course,  I only did the easy stuff today.  Got the two bottom seat cushions done.  Also got the headliner in and the window frame foam.  Working with White, so need to keep the hands very clean. 

Seat cushion base was just $15 to powdercoat.....such a deal.

DSCF7882.JPG

DSCF7883.JPG

DSCF7884.JPG

DSCF7887.JPG

DSCF7894.JPG

DSCF7901.JPG

• Like 1

Just an FYI - follow-up on Fusible Wire Lengths.  The Rule of Thumb is that you use a Fusible Wire that is 4 gauges smaller than the wiring you want to protect. So if your wiring is 14GA you would use an 18GA Fusible Wire link. Fusible Wires Lengths are Color Coded.   Good tips on Fusible Links on the AutoZone Web Page. Note the function of the insulation on them.

https://www.autozone.com/repairguides/Circuit-Protection/Fusible-Link/_/P-0900c1528026a7fd  

Edited by Carl Beck
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Carl Beck said:

Just an FYI - follow-up on Fusible Wire Lengths.  The Rule of Thumb is that you use a Fusible Wire that is 4 gauges smaller than the wiring you want to protect. So if your wiring is 14GA you would use an 18GA Fusible Wire link. Fusible Wires Lengths are Color Coded.   Good tips on Fusible Links on the AutoZone Web Page. Note the function of the insulation on them.

https://www.autozone.com/repairguides/Circuit-Protection/Fusible-Link/_/P-0900c1528026a7fd  

Thanks Carl, great information.

Got the new starter in and put on the rear bumper.  Rear over riders are just on loosely for now.  Can't remember if @jayhawk gave me the over rider rubber for the front or back, so will need to check through my boxes. 

Got the vinyl on around the window frame along with the door weatherstripping on both sides, so should have the windshield in by next weekend.  Also started cleaning up the fuel tank.

DSCF7909.JPG

DSCF7908.JPG

DSCF7910.JPG

DSCF7905.JPG

DSCF7915.JPG

DSCF7904.JPG

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Patcon said:

Getting close!

Yes, it's actually getting pretty exciting here.  It would definitely look more complete with the fenders and hood, but I prefer to put those on last.  They just kind of get in the way.  I should be able to get the exhaust manifold ceramic coated this week, then I will get back to the engine work.  I am hoping to have it running in early May.  My wife will be gone for the first weekend in May so should be able to get a lot done  at that time.   Also, we are looking at bringing it out to ZCON in Branson.  That should be fun.

1 hour ago, dmorales-bello said:

Looks amazing. Very nice work.

Thanks, looks even better in person.  My camera is sub-par.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, motorman7 said:

we are looking at bringing it out to ZCON in Branson.  That should be fun.

Sounds great! Come on back here to the Ozarks!

This will be the largest assemblage of Scarabs ever to gather in one spot for a Zcon.

This may also be the largest assemblage of flat top carbed Z'z ever to gather in one spot for a Zcon!

July isn't that far off and would really like to see you again Rich, meet and greet Bob and this beautifully restored 73 Z!!!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Zup said:

Sounds great! Come on back here to the Ozarks!

This will be the largest assemblage of Scarabs ever to gather in one spot for a Zcon.

This may also be the largest assemblage of flat top carbed Z'z ever to gather in one spot for a Zcon!

July isn't that far off and would really like to see you again Rich, meet and greet Bob and this beautifully restored 73 Z!!!

Yes, @jayhawkand I will both be out there.   We are looking forward to the event and seeing you and others from the classiczcars site.  Currently we are looking for an enclosed trailer to use to bring it out.

And yes, I wonder how many flat tops will be there.  We may start a craze!

Edited by motorman7