IGNORED

New 280z "Hawk" - wish me luck.

smackhq

Generally, if the numbers are within 10% of each other it's considered good.  Nissan's range is even wider.  Plus you're supposed to measure on a warmed up engine.  Your numbers look pretty good.  Don't worry about the actual number, the gauges all vary in what they produce.  It's the comparison between them that matters.

image.png

Well I went through the Megasquirt, resoldered every joint, added led and trimmed some long legs on board but it looks and tests good. Cross fingers.

Jimstim built and tested as well. 

Family road trip tomorrow so I'll have to get back to this on return. 

0707180840_HDR.jpg

0707180840.jpg

0707180840a.jpg

0707180840b.jpg

• Like 2

Any thoughts/tips on the fuel tank sending unit on cleaning/rebuilding them?

I removed my tank today to fully drain, inspect and clean tank and pulled the unit. Fuel as pretty nasty. I see some corrosion in tank but I'll take it to a pro to inspect.

Pretty rusty and corroded so I need to do something. I didn't think they would be expensive replacement but was shocked when I checked.

image.png

Get a bucket of white vinegar and drop it in, you’ll be amazed! Don’t forget to do a baking soda and water mix after it’s clean to neutralize the acid.

white vinegar can be had for 2.50 a gallon . 5 or 6 gallons in the tank rotating a few hours or more and you’ll have a clean tank. Might need to use a high pressure hose to knock loose some stuff, but the vinegar is great and a great weed killer

3BF0078F-39B7-4877-AB14-D3DF7163D4BA.jpeg

Edited by madkaw

1 hour ago, Patcon said:

Some people have used CLR in the past. I am confidant that it is a weak acid too which is what makes it effective

So it seems like you two are suggesting that instead of me spending money on getting tank professionally done that I can do some of this on my own? I'm down for saving money for sure.

How about sealing it?

8 hours ago, smackhq said:

So it seems like you two are suggesting that instead of me spending money on getting tank professionally done that I can do some of this on my own? I'm down for saving money for sure.

How about sealing it?

Some people use Redcoat . POR15 makes a tank liner. Eastwood does. I just recently used a Caswell epoxy product. If you follow the directions closely sealing a tank is a DIY project

I followed up with Por-15 tank sealer kit. I used the white vinegar first and then followed up using the por15 instructions. The marine clean is an excellent product for cleaning, but they only supply you with a quart in the kit, so why I go with vinegar to remove rust